Thread: 160 stat boiling coolant issue.

160 stat boiling coolant issue.

OK.... Yes I have been playing with my tune. I have a 160 stat high flow water pump....yadayada. Can someone please take a look at my file to see if my fan temps are set correctly. If maybe I have mistakenly set them to turn off durring the wrong times while driving.

I have replaced the water pump, the fans definately work I turned them on with the HPT, replaced the cap, replaced the surge tank, no leaks, flushed the radiator, cleaned the radiator, filled it with dexcool mix (GM INSTRUCTIONS), changed the nearly new 160 stat for another and the car runs at normal temps until I shut it off. Then it overheats. I just got my A/C fixed and it works great (Hasnt worked for 4 years). When I stop it boils over. The temps stay normal. Its not overheating just the boil over when I stop. If im driving it is normal. Even if im driving with the A/C its normal goes up maybe 2 degrees around 212 now.. from 210 range.
    2007 Trailblazer SS
    Pacesetter long tubes/magnaflow duals/electric water pump/electric fans/fast lxrt/ported tb/ 4" CAI/as hood/
    1999 CAMARO SS- LS2 1 7/8" LTs|BIGCAM|S2Heads|FTRA|UD Pulley|TRU DUALS|LCAs & LCARBs|panhard bar|BMR ADJ T-Arm|racetronix fuel pump|FAST102/102 Mcleod Adj MC|HINSON SHIFTER|S2 T56|4.56s|RAII|K&N|LID|Monster 4/electric water pump/micro edge/lnc2000/qa1s/nx plate/qa1 drag bar/12 bolt/4.11 gears/3.5 ds

98 Z28
    stock ls1 engine,A4,Fast 90/90,SLP lid,Ms3 112LSA,LT Headers,TCI 3500stall,semens 60 inj,ASP under drive ,3.73 gear,11.82 1/4 .sold