Thread: Fan percentage question

Potential Tuner

Fan percentage question

I have a 2011 Corvette with the fan setting table of 192, 196, ect. ect. that is adjustable by percentage.

It is summer time in the south and I want the fans to be on all the time when the car is on especially at the track. I remember reading that anything over 90% commands them to be on all the time correct? Also, I read somewhere that the value you place inthe 192 cell is the value that comes on anytime the car is on. So for stock, 10%, the fans are on 10% all the time.

Is this correct? Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    use 25,75,then 90 for the rest, that worked very well for me. 06 c6

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the tips, but I really would like to know what percentage keeps them on ALL the time with the key on.

Carl, when you set the fans to 25% do they come on 25% when the car is on?

Advanced Tuner
    no, the fan doesn't run at 25% all the time. you have to think like a computer. there are other values that arent there and depending on the slop and how agressive the increase in % is will determin how early the fan will come on. with those settings above my temps woud stay around 180-185 in traffic. other option is to apply the 2.5 bar custom os and then you can control temps down to 163.

-Carl

The percentage is in relation to fan speed, not on off time. If you have it set to say 90% at lower temps, the fans will run faster(blow harder) than at say 25%. IIRC.

post tune
    -----------------------------
    Ultimate Conversion Wiring

90% in the frist cell and the fans will run all the time.