Thread: Desired Throttle Area

Desired Throttle Area

For a FI setup would this table (Desired Throttle Area) help or hurt? My BARO is 15.149, and I am wondering if I can adjust this table to quicken my Throttle Responce? I have the stock settings(3% Pedal Position is .29 ect.) Would adjusting this by x1.250 break a stock Rear end and Trans? Would someone be able to explain what is happining in this area? Thank You!
    1999 Trans Am, Automatic 60lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, LS6 intake, P1SC Intercooled, trans cooler, polly motor/trans mounts, sway bars, subframe connectors, adj. Torque arm, Moser 12 bolt w/3.42 gears, pacetter longtubes....

WARNING!!!
    Some guys fried there pcm after changing desired throttle area tables( DBW ) .
    do some search and you well find the thread.

thanks
    98 Z28
    stock ls1 engine,A4,Fast 90/90,SLP lid,Ms3 112LSA,LT Headers,TCI 3500stall,semens 60 inj,ASP under drive ,3.73 gear,11.82 1/4 .sold

Oh yes, I havent touched it. I was just wondering how it worked. Trying to understand the big pictures even if they wont apply to my tune. Thank you for the warning though. I will keep reading I am sure I will find something on it.
    1999 Trans Am, Automatic 60lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, LS6 intake, P1SC Intercooled, trans cooler, polly motor/trans mounts, sway bars, subframe connectors, adj. Torque arm, Moser 12 bolt w/3.42 gears, pacetter longtubes....

Does anyone have any more specific details on this Desired Throttle Area vs TAC module thing?

From what I gather, you do not want to modify the table outside of an unknown boundry set in the TACM. Some people say it's ok to increas these settings by no more than 5%, other people claim this was for the LS1's only and everything else is ok.

The only reason I ask is because I have a client with an 08 Ext cab 5.3 who wants more and more and more from his street tune, he himself doesn't know how to modify cars (so he's doing things like a CAI that reads 114* IAT on an 80 degree day, a swirly-gig throttle spacer, straight pipes & no cats. And extremely heavy 24" rims) He has high expectations and I want a happy client, his tune has pushed the limits of california 91 pump. So I'm thinking a little more aggressive throttle opening might help him feel what he wants.

Does anyone know more about this Desired Throttle Area thing?
    Last edited by 04SilveradoMykk; 10-01-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Custom PCM Tuning in Hollywood Ca

^^ Sounds like what your client needs most is someone to wake him up.
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Rinkrat456 View Post
    ^^ Sounds like what your client needs most is someone to wake him up.
    No joke, but how to tell someone who doesn't know but believes marketing hype

After some searching on google I decided to keep the table stock.... damn it.

Anyways, two of the Parameters that I changed included "Pedal Desired Area". After I loaded up my new tune. The truck starts up, I blip the throttle and the truck pretty much immediatly dies.

Now the truck won't start, the TPS shows 100% (the throttle body is closed btw) and I get a DTC error of
    U0107 - Lost Communication With Throttle Actuator Control Module
    P0606 - Control Module Internal Performance

YEP I just did the exact same thing to a 2005 Silverado 5.3L. I multiplied the pedal position table by 1.1 (110%) to give it a lil more perceived throttle response.
    Uploaded the tune into the truck, no problems. Truck started up just fine and was idling fine. Put into drive, hit pedal, and engine stalls immediately. The DIC is flashing "engine overheated" and "reduced power mode". Engine will not crank, DTC codes cannot be cleared, and I get the same problem with the bootloader failure when trying to reload the stock tune.
    Diagnosis: PCM is FUBAR
    Last edited by 04SilveradoMykk; 10-01-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Doesn't seem worth it to me. If your client wants additional throttle response, re-gear his truck with 4.56's or 4.88's. Tell him the truck will have gobs of low end torque and will feel really "lightweight". Ex-nay on mentioning his gas mileage is gonna suck and the engine might scream on the highway.

R&P swaps around here go for $1600-2000 for both axles, "professionally" installed. That could be a huge income for you to suck from this guy if he's stupid enough to buy a vortex air twirler thing from Stylin Concepts.
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide

I think that is what I'm going to tell him. We've done all we can in the computer system, if he wants more he needs better mods and a bigger engine