Thread: How to prevent 1-2 upshift in manual low 4L80e

Advanced Tuner
    This died off?? Any results?
    Thanks,

Dustin

and again.... ignoring this won't make it go away. lol
    2014 Silverado 5.3 - New Mod Template

Tuner in Training
    I couldnt ever find anything on this but Jakes performance sells an adapter for like 150$ that will make your trans full manual! I got rid of the 4L80E and put a Th400 in mine with a full manual....
    LQ4 408, Pt-88, FIC 80# Injectors, 4l80e Stage 2, 2002 Gm Computer 3Bar Sd, 3.42 Gears, 30" Tire

Some 4L80E tunes have the WOT upshift & downshift speed tables when in manual 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Yet others that I've looked at, don't.

I'm sure that support could add the tables to your OS.

Russ Kemp

I forgot about this thread, sorry. The tables were added on my OS but they didn't work so I ended up doing a segment swap back to a 60e tune and it works fine now.
    2012 Cruze 1.4T, mods to come.....
    1994 Chev Work Truck 6 liter with PT76GTS/4L80e
    1993 S10 Blazer AWD 6 liter with LS3 heads/4L80e

I know this is old but how is there a way to test this without blowing up the transmission if the trans brake engages while moving?

Tuner in Training
    Did anyone ever get this to work? I am tired of my 4L80E shifting out of 1st on its own. It's a real pain in the ass when trying to go from a dig, your tires spin so you get out of it a bit, then all the sudden you are in 2nd gear. A fix for this would be great.
    2001 Z28 - Turbo LQ4 in progress
    2002 Avalanche - Stock

Potential Tuner
    Add another one to the list who's having this issue. Quite annoying for the reasons already stated. My ECU is from a 2003 Silverado 2500HD. Any updates on this?

No I bought hptuners because I heard it had good support but I'm not seeing it...thinking I should have gone with "the other brand"

I'd just like to be able go use my trans brake without the chance of blowing it up. As Russ K stated my OS is one that doesn't have the WOT shift table...which is the only time I will be using my trans brake

Quote Originally Posted by Gonoma View Post
    I'd just like to be able go use my trans brake without the chance of blowing it up. As Russ K stated my OS is one that doesn't have the WOT shift table...which is the only time I will be using my trans brake
    Did you email your .hpt file to support to have them add the missing tables?

Russ Kemp

I sent Chris my OS ID but he got back to me and said he doesn't see any WOT shift tables for that OS

Still haven't heard anything back

Still haven't heard anything back
    I asked you to log something. You replied saying you haven't tried D1 yet... what would you like me to do? Your OS already has the tables I added for the D1 Shift. Unless you're not actually in D1 which is why I asked you to log the Shift Mode.
    I count sheep in hex...

Russ K was talking about some WOT tables which I don't have. My tables are "256'd" out...I'll try to get some logs soon but I'm not sure you understand that if my trans does shift into 2nd while my shifter is in D1 my transbrake will engage at whatever speed I am going and cause damage to my transmission
    Last edited by Gonoma; 06-16-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Russ K was talking about some WOT tables which I don't have. My tables are "256'd" out...I'll try to get some logs soon but I'm not sure you understand that if my trans does shift into 2nd while my shifter is in D1 my transbrake will engage at whatever speed I am going and cause damage to my transmission
    the car doesn't need to be moving. please email me the log and your tune to chris at hptuners dot com.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Thanks for the update Bluecat, lots of rock crawlers out there waiting to be able to hold 1st!
    70 Chevelle, 4L80e, 2900 stall, 02 LQ4 short block, LS3 heads/intake/injectors, Patriot extreme springs, EPS 222/230 on 112, Edelbrock 90mm TB, 85mm maf, Walbro 255

Sent Chris an email to the link above but haven't heard anything back yet. He must just be busy