Thread: Unable to locate VCM

Tuner in Training

Unable to locate VCM

I did the read entire VCM step and saved all of the data. Used 2 credits to license. I tried to write and then HP Tuners forced me to use 2 credits again to be able to write and once I got the process started it timed out on me and failed twice. Second time in the gathering info portion i noticed it said recovery. Now I can't do anything. Wont locate VCM and the car does nothing. I was just rinning great. Help? Did I fry the PCM? I didn't flash info from any other OS.

That's happened to me 2 times. I disconnected the battery and rebooted the computer. Then it worked fine.
    Dan

http://www.thurs.net/dan/personal/bonnie Objects in mirror are losing!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by danthurs View Post
    That's happened to me 2 times. I disconnected the battery and rebooted the computer. Then it worked fine.
    Really? I did that at least 2 or 3 times and it wouldn't read. Even after rebooting the PCM the car didn't even respond to it anymore. One thing that was weird was it showed me fuel level ( typical key on engine off stuff you know) but while it was doing whatever it was doing i go the fuel level low warning and when i turned the key to crank everything died like it didnt recognize the key but the security warning didnt come on.

What do you mean by rebooted though? Just reconnected the battery and it was all good? Or is there a step I'm missing. A stupid question I know but I rather ask in case theres another step.

It's been a while, but if I remember right, I rebooted my laptop and reconnected the battery on the car. You should be able to connect again and flash the PCM.
    Dan

http://www.thurs.net/dan/personal/bonnie Objects in mirror are losing!

Is your battery fully charged?
    Sounds like a (allmost) dead battery to me.
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZJ View Post
    Is your battery fully charged?
    Sounds like a (allmost) dead battery to me.
    Nothing wrong with the battery. Something's going on with the PCM