Thread: I have a HPTuners PRO with AFX NTK WB.

I have a HPTuners PRO with AFX NTK WB.

Before this I got my car dyno tune. I wasn't very happy with the tuner. He left my car running rich, hovering 12.5-11.5 AFR mid to high RPM. Numbers were 443; 437; 488; 440 rwhp. There were others with 357; 360; 340 on 3rd gear.

He would not touch my car anymore because he thinks it's got the optimum tune.

My car bucks, runs rich so I think otherwise. I'm not going back to him to retune my car so I bought myself a tuning tool.

My question is...

Should I fine tune his tune or should I start from scratch? IE stock tune or start with FROST bolt on tune?

This is the guy's tune for my car...
    • Tuned
    • 2K4 Z28
    • 2K4 Tahoe
    • 2K7 TBSS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    Before this I got my car dyno tune. I wasn't very happy with the tuner. He left my car running rich, hovering 12.5-11.5 AFR mid to high RPM. Numbers were 443; 437; 488; 440 rwhp. There were others with 357; 360; 340 on 3rd gear.

He would not touch my car anymore because he thinks it's got the optimum tune.

My car bucks, runs rich so I think otherwise. I'm not going back to him to retune my car so I bought myself a tuning tool.

My question is...

Should I fine tune his tune or should I start from scratch? IE stock tune or start with FROST bolt on tune?

This is the guy's tune for my car...
    Gee you think it might be that VE table. The moon has a smoother surface. Is the tuner Josh Blue?

For Comparison. This is my VE Table

Last edited by SargeZ06; 06-13-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Holy COW that is rocky. Suppose to be smooth like sargeZ06's

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Left click in the upper left hand corner of your VE to highlight it, then left click the "Smooth selection" icon 2 times. Then run VE only and re-dial it in. Get your AFR proper where it's bucking. If it's still bucking, soften (decrease) the timing in that area and blend.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

It amazes me the "tunes" that get sold to customers... wow
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400