Thread: Repository Tune Wants 4 credits

Repository Tune Wants 4 credits

I bought the credits to tune my car. Then i went to the repository to download a tune thats identical to my set up. After downloading the new tune im asked to pay 2 credits for it. So i pay the 2 credits. Then i go to write the calibration and it asked for 2 more credits. is this right? I thought i had to buy the credits for my car and then pay for the the ones off the repository. The tune up (car) from the repository shows up on my interface. So why wont it flash onto my car? Im Totally lost..

Senior Tuner
    If it is asking for 2 more credits when you go to do a write, it is probably a custom operating system or you did not license it the first time. It is not usually recommended to write a file form the repository to your car. If you want to try the settings in your file, you are better off opening it in the compare function and copying the differances across. This will only cost you the initial 2 credits for your car.

Is the 2 bar SD a custom operating system? Thats what im trying to download. I havent paid the 2 extra credits for the 2 bar SD. Could that be why?

Senior Tuner
    yes

Got it. so if i would've just used the credits to go 2 bar SD and compared the files instead of buying the repository tune. Would that have worked?

Senior Tuner
    yes

Senior Tuner
    Never flash a downloaded tune or something other then your own tune file. Always do a compare and copy over the changes. Many issue can arise from this bad practice.