Thread: f-150 2006 timing

f-150 2006 timing

hi does someone can help me to add some timing degrees on a stock f-150 ?
    IAT SPARK , BOERDELINE SPARK , ECT SPARK OR HOW TO RAISE TIMING ?

Advanced Tuner
    the actual timing delivered is the minimal timing the ecu calculates

spark_mbt table has at least 3 multipliers, lambse, act and ect

spark mbt is referenced to calculate tv pressure for the trans and for feedback idle spark

borderline knock has at least 5 multipliers, act ect functions, as well as ect and act multiplier tables. bap correction, egr multipliers, and lambse

the lug tables formerly known as the altitude and sealevel tables have at least 3 multipliers as well for act ect and lambse possible egr bap and lugging timers

if you have variable cam timing which im not sure if you do, you can have up to 4 different maps per camshaft

their is absolute clip scalars for max and min demanded spark as well

i typically dummy it down, null the lug tables and run mbt out of borderline knock and be sure you remove any ect adders for spark at low temps which is typical on stock calibrations

Quote Originally Posted by driver240 View Post
    hi does someone can help me to add some timing degrees on a stock f-150 ?
    IAT SPARK , BOERDELINE SPARK , ECT SPARK OR HOW TO RAISE TIMING ?
    your borderline knock table is where you'll be doing the majority of your timing changes.

the ecu will use the lowest value when "COMPARING" the MBT table to the borderline table. So if you want 32 degrees of timing and you put that in the borderline table but the mbt table only has 30, you'll never get there.... vice versa.

I'd do a search on some other forums there's a wealth of info on how to properly tune ignition timing tables out there.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.