Thread: Instant and Average Economy

Tuner

Instant and Average Economy

I setup the the MPG histo a while back and have been wanting to test it, but i just havnt. Today i had to set it up again for some reason, so i set it up in the table and in #8 histogram.

It looks to me that in the table it gives your very instant MPG, i mean VERY instant. Any dip in the road would or anything and mine would go up and down. It never stayed in one place anyways, but i thought it was cool that it was acting like that, giving the instant economy, i can tell that i need some work on my tune for mpg because it was all over the place. From 13 to 23 at 60mph, let off the gas and it would rocket up to almost 40....!

A short 3.5 mile trip from the end of our winding road @ 50mph the average got up to 17.6, and the instant was staying around 19 - 21......Pretty good for 11.2:1 CR LS1, 3800 stall, 4.88 gears, in a 05 pickup!!!!

Could you post up the formula and histo you're using? I cant get most of them to work for me. I let off the gas and mine goes up to 500mpg, and you cannot get the avg to come back down after that. Then when you stop and idle it starts averaging zeroes into it and then you get like 4mpg eventually. I guess I could setup a filter for >1mpg and to weed out everything <1% tps