Thread: Gm 08 Card Style Maf

Gm 08 Card Style Maf

Sorry to bother again, but I find it hard to beleive that I am the only one to notice this. I see all the threads where lots of guys are switching to the card style MAF for the older ecm but I noticed that the IAT that is built in is way off like even at 77 degrees in my shop it reades 97 to 99 degrees and gets worse from there if I plug the 03 maf back in it reads 77 rite on the money. And I even tryed a 2wire IAT out of a 94 LT-1 car and it reads 96 degrees the tables for a 08 iat are way diff then a 03 / 0411 ecm. I would like the IAT to read rite and I hate to have to run a seperate IAT that seems to be the easy way out to me and kinda dumb looking under the hood. Any ideas would be a big help thank you in advance.

What car are you using it on?
    Last edited by Sherminator; 06-05-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    2001 Z06 - 417 LS3 - LPE CNC LS3 heads - LPE GT-11 cam - ARH 1 7/8" - LPE C6 intake - RPM 3.73 diff - tuned with HP Tuners
    2008 Silverado 5.3 - Dynatech LT headers - Volant Cool Air intake - 280whp/303wtq - tuned with HP Tuners

www.davenportmotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sherminator View Post
    What car are you using it on?
    It is in a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. The base file is a 2003 Vette, with a HP 2 bar OS, The ECM is a 0411.

The build is a LT-1, forged bottom, 9.5cr, Ported heades, Cam is 218/230 @50 on a 116, And a D1SC Pro Charger with a custom water to air intercooler,

Thanks for any help.

Some/most of the 3rd and 4th gen PCM's have the IAT calibration table that became available with one of the early betas for just this reason; under Engine diag/Airflow/IAT Sensor.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Some/most of the 3rd and 4th gen PCM's have the IAT calibration table that became available with one of the early betas for just this reason; under Engine diag/Airflow/IAT Sensor.
    i certainly hope hes not using a 3rd gens ecu

the ss has the same maf in a TSP housing. i just used the stock, separate, iat sensor. i however, didnt run it to the engine bay. is near the air scoop to help read the air temp and not the engine bay temp.

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Thanks for the input I have 2.23.3931.25301 this version will let me do that to like an 08 vette but not the 03 box. And it just would look a lot nicer to just use the one sensor. But the IAT in the 08 has a lot high resistance I hope that every one has seen this but I am afraid they have not I have never seen any one say anything about it. And the temps are way off not just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O View Post
    i certainly hope hes not using a 3rd gens ecu

the ss has the same maf in a TSP housing. i just used the stock, separate, iat sensor. i however, didnt run it to the engine bay. is near the air scoop to help read the air temp and not the engine bay temp.
    Why do you say that is there somthing I should know about a 3rd gen ecm. Also if it helps I like to leave the air temp close to the throttle body that way you pick up air temp at the hottest spot most guys use aluminum tubing for there intake and aluminumm transfers heat so bad that it heats the air up in the tube on the way to the throttle body more then most guys think.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tune time View Post
    Why do you say that is there somthing I should know about a 3rd gen ecm. Also if it helps I like to leave the air temp close to the throttle body that way you pick up air temp at the hottest spot most guys use aluminum tubing for there intake and aluminumm transfers heat so bad that it heats the air up in the tube on the way to the throttle body more then most guys think.
    i just moved it out of what amounts to an oven into a place where it can get good air.

i was assuming he meant 3rd gen car

read it wrong