Thread: I need help converting to 2Bar SD tunning

I need help converting to 2Bar SD tunning (file now attached)

Okay I have a LQ4 with a MP T76 turbo, LS6 cam & 60 lbs injectors. Pretty standard stuff for FI now. I had been running a MAF and the car ran great up to about 5 psi of boost. After hurting two pistons I figured it was time to switch to SD tuning.

I followed the demo on how to go to the 2 bar OS and up loaded to my PCM. Now the car barely runs so I can't even begin start dialing it in. My question is there a better/another demo on getting started? Or does anybody have a tune I can look at to compare? I searched the repository without much luck. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by rockoosi1; 06-02-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Attached file

Tuner in Training
    Have you tried failing your MAF to 0hz? If not you need too. You also need to make sure your car is pulling CODES: P0102 & P0103 (low maf signal). This will tell you your in SD and not MAF. If you haven't done this, you can find it in the DTC section under Airflow.

Post the tune.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_SS View Post
    Have you tried failing your MAF to 0hz? If not you need too. You also need to make sure your car is pulling CODES: P0102 & P0103 (low maf signal). This will tell you your in SD and not MAF. If you haven't done this, you can find it in the DTC section under Airflow.
    Will just unpluging the MAF do this or does it need to run for a while for the MAF to fail? I did set my MAF to 0hz btw but didn't sit there and try to force the car to run very long. I was afraid I was going to do some other kind of damage.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rockoosi1 View Post
    Will just unpluging the MAF do this or does it need to run for a while for the MAF to fail? I did set my MAF to 0hz btw but didn't sit there and try to force the car to run very long. I was afraid I was going to do some other kind of damage.
    Unplug the MAF as well. But as stated above, post your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    Post the tune.
    I'm at work right now and this PC doesn't have HPT on it so I can't upload it right now. I will certainly do it later.

I have the file attached to an e-mail if anybody knows away of uploading it like that.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rockoosi1 View Post
    I have the file attached to an e-mail if anybody knows away of uploading it like that.
    If it's in an email, just download the file to the PC your using. Then upload it from there. You don't have to have HP Tuners on that computer to do this.

If it's in an email, just download the file to the PC your using. Then upload it from there. You don't have to have HP Tuners on that computer to do this.
    I did that but I haven't figured out how to attach the file to this thread. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Okay lets see if this works.

Looks like a stock VE table with it extended. You'll probably need to adjust the VE values in the idle area to get it going. Are you logging it with a wideband? Can you tell if it's rich or lean at startup? Try adding 10% to the VE up to 1200RPM from 85-45kPa
    Go to the general tab and on the right, enable Real time tuning and choose the VE-BE Spark.
    Start the scanner and then start Real Time Tuning and select #1 for the VE. Then click the green arrow to load the VE table. You can then add 10% at a time while you try to start the car. You can adjust the VE in real time until you get the car going. Once you do, copy that RTT VE table into your tune, flash it and go from there.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    Looks like a stock VE table with it extended. You'll probably need to adjust the VE values in the idle area to get it going. Are you logging it with a wideband? Can you tell if it's rich or lean at startup? Try adding 10% to the VE up to 1200RPM from 85-45kPa
    Go to the general tab and on the right, enable Real time tuning and choose the VE-BE Spark.
    Start the scanner and then start Real Time Tuning and select #1 for the VE. Then click the green arrow to load the VE table. You can then add 10% at a time while you try to start the car. You can adjust the VE in real time until you get the car going. Once you do, copy that RTT VE table into your tune, flash it and go from there.
    Okay, that gives me something to work on...Thanks! With regards to logging I want to do this as well. I currently have an Innovate LM2 that I'm trying to figure out how to incorerate into HPT. It seems with the pro series it is pretty easy but I don't have the pro. I'm searching on doing this as well.

Okay I think I found my next problem. I purchased what a I thought was the correct 2 bar map sensor. I bought part# EC1636 but now I'm being told that the correct part number is EC1794. I got this from advanced auto and they have no real description of either part. The car actually ran better with map unplugged....ugh!!!!

heres my tune stock lq4 mpt76 with 80lbs. we have different os's but have a look. get good with your scanner and wideband because it will be your best friend. it took me one try with the hp tutorial to get mine running so i think your map may be to blame. it looks like you have the conversion pretty good. test your map with the scanner by logging volts just to get an idea. 2.5 volts koeo is a 2bar. and don't log sae map.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by robbyredneck View Post
    heres my tune stock lq4 mpt76 with 80lbs. we have different os's but have a look. get good with your scanner and wideband because it will be your best friend. it took me one try with the hp tutorial to get mine running so i think your map may be to blame. it looks like you have the conversion pretty good. test your map with the scanner by logging volts just to get an idea. 2.5 volts koeo is a 2bar. and don't log sae map.
    Thanks and yes I did infact have the wrong map sensor . BTW what OS are you running? I'm at work so I can't open it to see but I'll check it out later on when I get home.

1024kb which makes my resolution half as much. i get increments of 10kpa at a time. it kind of sucks but i have been able to work around it.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by robbyredneck View Post
    1024kb which makes my resolution half as much. i get increments of 10kpa at a time. it kind of sucks but i have been able to work around it.
    I'm not familiar with that OS but as you can tell I'm new to the EFI tuning world. I will keep you posted and thanks again.

In the search tap type in "2bar map part number"