Thread: Viewing long term fuel trims

Viewing long term fuel trims

Hi guys sorry for the newb question but I didn't see the answer in any of the stickies. I'm having a p0300 code come up in my 02 Camaro z28 only ob they hwy and my friend let me borrow his Hp tuners to scan the fuel trims to see whoch side is commanding more fuel and thus has the misfire.I havent really dived into yet but I was wondering can I view the long term fuel trims without using his credits I know I can scan the codes and log things but I could find the answer to my other question. Thanks for the help

Senior Tuner
    Scanning doesn't use/require up any licenses/credits.

Thanks for the reply I knew it would scan codes and such but will I be able to log data say over the period of a few miles and then analyze it. Also I kno it's a noob question but when it says long term fuel trims is that data that's been logging for weeks or days? Or is it just simply fueling under driving conditions every time you start the car?

You can log as long as you like without using credits.
    05 CTS-V l LS6 l Maggie l Magnaflow Cat-back l Meth l 439rwhp/414rwtq

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02pewterz28 View Post
    Thanks for the reply I knew it would scan codes and such but will I be able to log data say over the period of a few miles and then analyze it. Also I kno it's a noob question but when it says long term fuel trims is that data that's been logging for weeks or days? Or is it just simply fueling under driving conditions every time you start the car?
    Short Term Trimming is learned at every start up and forgotten at key off, Long Term Trimming is what the ECM learned (since the last reset, battery connect) over a period of time from the Short Term and is stored. Think of Short Term Trims as temporary memory (instant, RAM), and Long Term Trims as "permanent" memory (constant, ~ROM).