Thread: Setting up lm-1 for the first time

Tuner in Training

Setting up lm-1 for the first time

I just got my lm-1 yesterday. I have already searched on here for any step by step instructions on getting my scanner set up but can't seem to find anything other then people always having problems with setting up PIDS and stiff like that. Anybody have any tips or maybe a link to help mr out?

Another question I had. If someone I know already has their scanner setup for a lm-1 can't they just send me their config file and make it easier for me?

the histo should be built in.
    there was a good write up by one of the professional tuners on how to get your wideband up and running...cant find it now (tuning school or the tuning doctor)
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS
    L92 Heads/ L92 Truck Intake
    OBX LT Headers
    Custom Ridings 3200 Stall Converter/Built Trans
    6 Piston ZO6 Brakes/ 2 pc 15" Front rotors

When using the LM-1, I prefer to write my own PID and use the entire scale of 7.35-22.39
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

just in case you need the formula volts/.332 +7.35
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner in Training
    All that was very helpful but I ran into a problem. Is it mandatory to use the log works to adjust the volts and AFR in the settings or can it be done thru the scanner? Cause I have been told you don't need to use the logworks? I have no problem using the log works to change the settings but the lm-1 doesn't come with a USB port that connects to the lm-1? If you watch the first 2 minutes it says you need to plug in the lm-1 to my computer to adjust the settings but I don't see a way of doing that?

Advanced Tuner
    They make USB to the serial cable adapter or whatever that cable is called.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

I use the serial to USB adapter for Logworks for talking to LC-1's and LM-1's. The LM1 should default with #1 output with the 7.35-22.39 like I mentioned, so setup the PID and see if the gauge reading matches your scanner reading. Use the VCM controller to command more and less fuel so you can move your AFR around to verify they agree.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS View Post
    They make USB to the serial cable adapter or whatever that cable is called.
    shouldnt that be in the lm-1 kit? my main question is if the logworks is a must or can you set up the wideband without the logworks software? just doenst make sense to me why that isnt included in the kit you know what i mean?

you should be able to download the software. then you can change the output speed and some other stuff...have you downloaded the Innovative manual?? has some good info and is on-line
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS
    L92 Heads/ L92 Truck Intake
    OBX LT Headers
    Custom Ridings 3200 Stall Converter/Built Trans
    6 Piston ZO6 Brakes/ 2 pc 15" Front rotors

Quote Originally Posted by slowlsx View Post
    shouldnt that be in the lm-1 kit? my main question is if the logworks is a must or can you set up the wideband without the logworks software? just doenst make sense to me why that isnt included in the kit you know what i mean?
    First of all, the LM-1 was designed before USB was so popular and they chose not to change the design until they came out with the LM2.
    Second, you can interface it with Logworks using the adapter, but you don't have to. As I mentioned before, Output one should be the range I mentioned. Set up the PID and see if it matches. If you want to change that output range, you'll need to get the adapter and use logworks to change it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    First of all, the LM-1 was designed before USB was so popular and they chose not to change the design until they came out with the LM2.
    Second, you can interface it with Logworks using the adapter, but you don't have to. As I mentioned before, Output one should be the range I mentioned. Set up the PID and see if it matches. If you want to change that output range, you'll need to get the adapter and use logworks to change it.
    got it all set up! i see on his video he has a 3 bar MAP setup to read boost throught the ieo input's. how do i do this? im not sure what to do with the volts and all that stuff.