Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSP Switches for HP?

DSP Switches for HP?

I know we have the capability of RTT with duramax's, but where is the DSP switch you can get with EFI Live??? That would be awesome to have!
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sorry, not going to happen anytime soon.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

damn...
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Sorry, not going to happen anytime soon.
    That's a shame, I just got a LLY Duramax and already have HP Tuners. My wife and I both switch off driving the truck and I was bummed to see this, as I'd like to be able to easily switch between tunes for the two of us.

Seems like this is one of the bigger reasons people go with EFI Live over HP Tuners for the diesels. Hope it gets reconsidered

Quote Originally Posted by LS6FD View Post
    That's a shame, I just got a LLY Duramax and already have HP Tuners. My wife and I both switch off driving the truck and I was bummed to see this, as I'd like to be able to easily switch between tunes for the two of us.

Seems like this is one of the bigger reasons people go with EFI Live over HP Tuners for the diesels. Hope it gets reconsidered
    Me too!
    Andrew

Tuner in Training
    i know this is old but why will it not be happening? would just like to have closer to this question.

Tuner in Training
    I believe EDGE products is in the process of having the capability to load 5 of your tunes onto their CTS touch screen on the fly tuner. They told me in the spring time they should be able to do it this fall or winter, I will get in touch with their engineer and see what the word is...

Customers continue to ask me if i can do the dsp5 switch, not a good selling point when i say i cant...and they go to someone who can.

Tuner in Training
    Just talked with one of the engineers from EDGE and he told me that 6-8 months and they will have a complete package you can buy from them to load the CTS with all your current tunes

Tuner in Training
    Any updates on this yet?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunately not, sorry.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

It looks like HPTuners isn't interested in the Diesel tuning too much. Guess its time to go get EFILive..........
    '00 TA
    '05 Duramax

Tuner in Training
    Really believe if dpf and every other delete were available along with a DSP5 switch that hptuners would be the top dog bar none in the duramax world. Alas I continue to play second fiddle for the boys that want to go all out.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    Really believe if dpf and every other delete were available along with a DSP5 switch that hptuners would be the top dog bar none in the duramax world. Alas I continue to play second fiddle for the boys that want to go all out.
    Apparently HPTuners does not care what the customers want! Being able to tune gas and diesel with the same software would be great. The limits of HPTuners is pushing the diesel people away!
    '00 TA
    '05 Duramax

Tuner
    IMO. HPtuners was basically designed for the LSX crowd. which is why i bought it. however, if i was intending to buy software for a diesel, i'd definately go EFI.

they both have their pros and cons, so there's no need to talk down on HP whenever they do a damn good job at making things possible for it's "target" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by 1quicktpi View Post
    IMO. HPtuners was basically designed for the LSX crowd. which is why i bought it. however, if i was intending to buy software for a diesel, i'd definately go EFI.

they both have their pros and cons, so there's no need to talk down on HP whenever they do a damn good job at making things possible for it's "target" crowd.
    Can you honestly say the LSX crowd is the "target" crowd anymore? Seems like they are focusing more on Ford, Dodge, etc than the LSX crowd lately. If they were still focusing on GM products I would guess the diesel tuning capability would be better. I looks to me that they have shifted focus from quality and great customer service to a business that is just out to make money.

I guess part of my issue is they put out capability and then took it away. If you want to delete the DPF on a 07-10 Duramax you better have a beta from back in 2011. After that they removed the capability to delete the DPF.
    '00 TA
    '05 Duramax

Advanced Tuner
    The software started with gm gas coverage only. The reason they are doing so much development on the Fords and Dodges is because a large majority of us hounded the crap outta them for years. And at least for the fords, they hired a very talented new guy to take the load and spearhead development. I do not see how doing things this way hampered development on GM stuff in any way. They still got c7 and 14-15 trucks well before the other guys, and still have better control over the ecm's.

As for the 11+ duramax, they were hindered by the inability to read the software. Since the diesels never have been a large part of their market, I can understand their development getting sidelined. But if history with this company proves anything, they quite possibly will get support for them going. And when they do, it will be better support than the other guys offer. Just my opinion though.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsk899 View Post
    After that they removed the capability to delete the DPF.
    Harping on the DPF issue in the US will never get you anywhere. The EPA cracked down on it, not HPtuners or EFILive.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Potential Tuner
    Has anyone experimented with the DSP5 switch and HP. The DSP switch plugs into the ECM and not the tuner and the tuner is not required for the operation of the switch. Now I do not know if this is true or not but theoretically is the switch just basically accessing in a sense different memory slots on the ECM. So if you install a switch on the ECM and pull the tunes for each position of the switch what will it give you. It would be pretty easy to test and if you were to install a switch it would just one less thing you have to worry about with EFIlive. I have wanted to look into this further but I haven't purchased a switch yet to test. Has anyone else thought of this or experimented with it, or am I just crazy.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCOVideo View Post
    Has anyone experimented with the DSP5 switch and HP. The DSP switch plugs into the ECM and not the tuner and the tuner is not required for the operation of the switch. Now I do not know if this is true or not but theoretically is the switch just basically accessing in a sense different memory slots on the ECM. So if you install a switch on the ECM and pull the tunes for each position of the switch what will it give you. It would be pretty easy to test and if you were to install a switch it would just one less thing you have to worry about with EFIlive. I have wanted to look into this further but I haven't purchased a switch yet to test. Has anyone else thought of this or experimented with it, or am I just crazy.
    Interesting idea, I never thought of trying it. If you figure it out Id be interesting in knowing the results.