Thread: Scanner readings half of actual

Tuner in Training

Scanner readings half of actual

Please see attached scan, config and tune.

Basically, RPM, Vehicle Speed and Fuel Injector Duty are displaying as half of what they actually are. All other data appears to be unchanged.

I have been going back and forth between an '04 Silverado and an '07 Z06, using the same Scanner config file. My last config was corrupted, and I built the attached config this weekend.

Curious why certain parameters would be affected while others are not? Really just interested in correcting the issue as soon as possible though.
    07 Z06. Stock LS7 Bottom-end, Katech Torquer 110, ARH LTs w/Cats, Halltech KBII CAI w/Beehive, 160* t-stat.

Tuner in Training
    Update: Vehicle Speed, RPM and Fuel Injector Duty read properly in the PID, but not in the histos, chart or gauges.
    07 Z06. Stock LS7 Bottom-end, Katech Torquer 110, ARH LTs w/Cats, Halltech KBII CAI w/Beehive, 160* t-stat.

Senior Tuner
    You have 1.0 for differential ratio.

Tuner in Training
    That's what's in my stock tune also. I'll give it a shot...

Tuner in Training
    No dice. Also doesn't explain why RPM and fuel injector duty are off.

Senior Tuner
    1.0 is what is in stock but I'm used to working with automatics where you do type in the differential ratio.

You have quite a few things different than stock. Not sure what is causing your problem. Maybe Overide DC under General. Your fan settings should not be set to 100%. 90% should be max. and that first frame at 192 should be not more than about 25% or your fan will run continuely. Why the PE delay 5000 rpm? Might want to try putting some things back to stock unless somebody here knows the problem.

Tuner in Training
    Alrighty...this isn't a tune issue. This is a Scanner issue. The Table reads properly, but the Chart and Histos don't. I'll email support.

Senior Tuner
    Nerver known anyone to have this problem is why I feel it could be your tune. Probably best to email support like you suggest.

Tuner in Training
    Figured out it has to do with the way the Scanner reads from the Sensors compared to how it processes PID information. If I change all histos, gauges and charts from Engine Speed (Sensor) to Engine Speed (SAE) (PID), almost everything works properly. Still having an issue with my WB O2 histos.

I forgot to mention I had a malware attack yesterday (Vista Security Tool 2011) and had to turn off certain reg files...don't know if that has anything to do with this.