Thread: Can additional sensors be added to a PCM?

Can additional sensors be added to a PCM?

Here's the skinny on my setup...

1997 Pontiac Bonneville, running a 2007 L26 w/L36 intake, 2006 Grand Prix 4T65e w/3.29 HD conversion, controlled with a 2005 Impala PCM that's been flashed with a 2003 GP file (because it won't run with the Impala file due to it needing to see the BCM...what a waste of credits that was). It is now being converted to returnless fuel injection, and new wiring run in case I want to top swap it in the future.

Now then, on with the questions I have for this particular build...

1) I'd like to run a fuel pressure monitor that the PCM can see. Is it possible? What pin cavaties would I use if it were possible?

2) In an L36 file, can the supercharger boost solenoid be enabled, or do I have to burn two more credits for the L67 file, just to be able to get this to work?

3) Thinking about deleting the fuel tank pressure sensor...could I use this 5V signal for wideband o2 instead? If question #1 isn't possible, I should be able to use this circuit to do what I want so long as the sensor I put on the rail is a 5V, correct? And if so, how would I get the signal to reflect psi on the scanner?

Thanks in advance...

Anyone??

Also, I was wondering if an extra 02 sensor could be added....say, taking an L36 Grand Prix file and adding Sensor 1 Bank 2.

I believe the switch is in the OS to turn on the second primary O2 sensor i thing that the 3800 Camaros had the other O2. I do not think you can change what sensors do what or add sensors that the PCM will use.

You can us some of the sensors to power and log sensors but the PCM cant use them with out recoding the PCM programing.

Turning on the boost solenoid I would assume should be possible but I have not seen the switch for it I would go to clubgp and ask on there. As for the extra O2 send a request to support asking to have it added make sure to include your serial# and a copy of the PCM file.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder