Thread: trying to log aem w/ a/c sig.

Tuner in Training

trying to log aem w/ a/c sig.

Hello

Got my hp tuners tuning file up and running but can't get my aem to show a reading on the guage in the guages set up or log on the chart display. Must be something with my pid? I have t-tapped the red/blk wire going to my 3 wire a/c press sig. left the a/c sig plug unplugged and tapped the red/blk wire to go to the aem Uego. As far as I know thats the correct way to wire it. Under the chart configuration I have it enabled and labeled as a afr with a afr output, there is nothing for click to add pid, when I change that to a/c press and voltage output it changes all the labels like aem wideband and has a voltage measurement instead of afr. what gives? I could use a few screen shots of correct data in the config table.

thanks for the help guys!!!! last part I have to get ironed out!

A few things wrong here:

You can't tee into the AC pressure. You have to splice into it. Only the signal from the pressure sensor or the wide band should make it back to the PCM. By tee'ing into it you're mixing both signals. <EDIT>, I just read that you have the connector unplugged from the pressure sensor so thats OK, but instead, cut the wire and use a toggle switch so you can go back and forth.

It sounds like you are selecting the AEM wide band from the EIO inputs which you can't do because you don't have the Pro version. At least I wouldn't think you do if you're trying to pipe the wide band signal in through the AC pressure.

Once you get the wiring right you have to add the AC pressure PID to the table and create a custom PID to turn that voltage into AFR. Search for posts by me containing "deux" for a good write up; it talks about using the EGR but the principle is the same.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help, so I have to cut the wire completely and use disconnects to either connect the a/c or wb? Also do I leave the plug connected into the ac press sensor while logging with the sig wire going to the wb? or leave the plug disconnected? thanks a bunch man!

Tuner in Training
    Also could I email you a few screen shots showing how I have it on hp tuners? It says that my files are too big to post here. thx.

Yea if you cut the AS pressure signal wire then you can leave the connector connected to the pressure sensor. Wire both outputs throught a toggle switch to the PCM so you can choose which signal makes it back to the PCM. I guess it will work for tuning the way you have it as long as you leave it unplugged from the AC sensor but when you're done tuning and plug it back in then you have the pressure sensor and wide band both sending voltage to the PCM.

Post your config file. Also you should be able to upload screenshots. Just save them as JPG instead of BMP. BMP's are huge.

Read the deux thread. It'll start to make sense.
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    ok so i plug the wideband wire into the side going to the a/c press sens? or the wire going away from the sensor? and i can leave the socket plugged into the press sensor while logging? sorry so confusing.

Tuner in Training
    here are the 2 screen shots that i think youll need if you need another please tell me what one you need. thanks for the help!

No. You connect the center pole of a toggle switch into the side of the cut wire that goes back to the PCM. Then connect the other side of the cut AC wire (AC pressure output) to one pole an the wb output to the other pole.

Looking at the screenshots I can tell that you haven't read the deux thread yet have you.... You can't just insert the AEM PID you see listed. That is only for EIO/Pro. You're not doing it right.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...highlight=deux
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    Ok I will read that very carefully and erase all my wideband set up data and start over. I have to open the specific scanner file when logging right? I cannot just open a scan or the generic scanner icon?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks bill I had it right the first time just didn't add a/c to the table!! fixed it. thanks for the help!!!!