Thread: ETC why the disclaimer

Tuner in Training

ETC why the disclaimer

etc discaimer on the 2010 camaro throttle fells like on off switch would like to adj. but i dont want to have buy new pcm latter.
    Last edited by mstrfdsstr; 05-17-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrfdsstr View Post
    etc discaimer on the 2010 camaro throttle fells like on off switch would like to adj. but i dont want to have buy new pcm latter.
    If you dont want to take the risk then dont touch it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    If you dont want to take the risk then dont touch it.
    thanks your help but i was looking for an example of a noncompatable issue.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    This has been covered several times in dozens of threads http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...&highlight=TAC
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrfdsstr View Post
    thanks your help but i was looking for an example of a noncompatable issue.
    There is no hard and fast spec on this. Generally there seems to be a window of several percent the values can be moved before limp mode occurs. Though this % seems to vary depending on the TPS %.

While have not heard of any dead ECM results on 05+ ECM's, there is still a risk if you are on an on-ramp for example in a line of traffic getting into the gas to match the highway speed and your engine goes into limp mode.

Move them like 5 points at a time and see if limp occurs. Once you get to limp then back off a little.

Tuner in Training
    lol im gonna sound like everybody else on here for once and say why didnt you search first?

Tuner in Training
    after i modify the etc parameters ill update for everybody on whether or not the cam surge is related to <6% throttle issue im seeing on a customer's ls3 camaro

Tuner in Training
    a buddy of mine noticed his car bucked if he tried to drive it with his foot but cruise control drives the car like a baby....231/236 tsp cammed ls3 camaro, one of my customers lol...i highly doubt this is the only gm ls3 production vehicle that ever waited till 6% to respond and 4% to return to idle tables. car has an e38 pcm
    Last edited by Peteej; 05-19-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Tuner in Training
    i tried changing the etc table a on the camaro today, set every box past zero throttle to 1% that was zeroed out from the factory, and the dead spot in the pedal went away...but a lot of other bad stuff happened. the pcm remains perfectly operable, i did not fry it, but with 1% in all the boxes that used to be zero tripped the check engine light, service stabilitrak light, and the motor didnt want to run properly at/around idle. did not want to risk breaking something to drive around the lot and see if the parking lot surge went away. my theory is that maybe the throttle pedal is not at zero percent while idling, maybe gm knows about a dead spot in the pedal or purposely zeroed the low range out to force idling control.