Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setting up Lambda without the Pro EIO

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    This thread is about the non-pro version. With the pro version you will insert an EIO PID for the wide band. There are built EIO WB PIDs or you can make your own user defined EIO PID.
    Okay, I'm trying to compute this in my head translating in plain english... lol so pardon me if I'm a little slow. It's like trying to a catch air with my bare hands.

I'm using EIO 1 for my NGK AFX wideband therefore I have an AUX alternate for a PID.

So in place of flame's formula to his PID.6420, I would have to use my AUX for my NGK AFX to complete the lambda PID, correct?

Am i looking at this too hard? Should I just use the one that is provided to me, [AUX.20013] Wideband O2 NGK?
    • Tuned
    • 2K4 Z28
    • 2K4 Tahoe
    • 2K7 TBSS

Buehler... Buehler...
    • Tuned
    • 2K4 Z28
    • 2K4 Tahoe
    • 2K7 TBSS

Yea, use aux.20013 for the AFR of your AFX through EIO.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    glad i found this. bookmarked

Tuner in Training
    I tried to wrap my mind around this and I thought I had it but the LM-2 makes it more difficult for some reason. Being new to HP tuners and following along with Greg Banish DVD, I came up with a different method. Follow this along and let me know if it makes sense.

My LM-2 controls a wide band gauge in my dash. The Speedhut gauge reads 10 - 18 AF with a lower voltage of 0.88v and a upper voltage of 3.54v. My LM-2 is customizable such that I can determine what the upper and lower bounds are on the controller for these values.

I tried the method outlined in the post and I did not come up with the correct number. So, I figured that since my scanner did not start at zero, I had to figure out what AF value my scanner would be at if it did cross zero.

Given that I know that 0.88 volts is AF of 10 and 3.54 volts is an AF of 18, I created a trend that will given me zero crossing using linear interpolation.

Using lambda numbers from Wallace racing, I associated the known lambda numbers for gasoline with the AF numbers.

On a zero to 5 volt scale, I estimate that my LM2 would produce 0.50394 lambda at zero volts and 1.52261 lambda at 5 volts. Knowing that my lambda range from 0 through 5 volts allows me to calculate the divider.

Given the formula in HP tuners of (volts/X)+offset, I came up with the following numbers to represent a user defined Enhanced I/O Input using a LM-2 with a starting voltage of 0.88 @ AF of 10 and a top voltage os 3.54 with an AF of 18.

So...am I on the right path? It appears so.

AF Capture.JPG

With VCM Scanner 2.25, you can now use the serial output of the wideband to connect directly to the PC, removing all ground offsets.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Also, because I have a dual band O2, I can create errors for left and right banks.

Calculating:
    Commanded Lambda ~ [User.9004] = [PID.6001]/14.56
    PID.6001 is Commanded High resolution AF

Lambda Error Left ~ [USER.9005] = Aux.20121/[USER.9004]
    Lambda Error Left ~ [USER.9006] = Aux.20122/[USER.9004]
    Aux20121 is the left LM-2
    Aux20122 is the right LM-2

Err is [AUX.20121]/[USER.9004]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    With VCM Scanner 2.25, you can now use the serial output of the wideband to connect directly to the PC, removing all ground offsets.
    Now that I have this figured out, you change everything. LOL.

Explain a bit more how this works. I thought that these were still beta. How do you assign inputs through serial?

I just bought the HPtuner pro and I am working with 2.24.1170

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    So it would be blue wire and ground from my AEM?