Thread: new to tuning need some help

new to tuning need some help

ive got a 2000 camaro z28 that has been recently dyno tuned and the car runs like crap. im not going back to the tuner so i ended up buying hp tuners. WOT is good but driveabilty is very poor.

the first min or so on a cold start the engine will not idle. when the air pump turns off it will finally idle. i always have to hold my foot on the throttle a bit to start it. if i try to start without holding it will stumble around 400rpm and eventually come up. while driving the car it pulls like it has crusie control on when i get over 30mph. when i stop it will surge and idle and sometimes die.

mods are prc 5.3 heads, ms3 cam, lt headers, 80mmtb, LID, descreen maf, green top 42lb injectors. any tips you guys have for me to get me pointed in the right direction will help.

Unfortunately the injector is only partially been done and its not exactly right. You really need to start there. You short pulse adder table should look steps if done correctly, yours just look stock. Without the right data will be running in circles.

Look around on here and in the repository, find a could of tunes that have the 42 green tops and get all of their data and start there first.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me