Thread: 2 nexus Issues

2 nexus Issues

I cannot for the life of me figure this out.

Nexus wideband, cannot get the damn thing configured to read right. Near as I can tell its a 0-4v sensor, im on blue for high, blue/blk for low. The log attached is @idle, gauge was showing a steady stoich.

The other issue is my fuel pressure. that goes to input 2. It reads fine KOEO, but KOER, it fluctuates madly. My fluke88 DVOM sees a steady state KOER, my theory is the EVIO is sampling too fast and catching the pulses from the injectors, but the sweep is way too dramatic for that.

Its not shown in the logs, but my N2O pressure goes into EVIO3, and it does not fluctuate like this. Its stable as a rock.

config and log attached. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Can you turn down the sample rate of your analog output on your wideband? With my Innovate, I can run as fast as 12 per second sample rate, or as slow as 3 per second. I found that with a fast sample rate, it was all over the place. Setting it to every 1/3 or 1/6 of a second, the loggers work much better.

For your fuel pressure, I have some thoughts too. Fluctuations might not be a problem, as the fuel pressure itself may be fluctuating quickly. It's the amplitude of the fluctuations that would worry me. If it's jumping around 5 psi or more all the time, that would concern me, whereas jumping around 1 or 2 psi wildly would not, because that's probably really happening.

Your N2O pressure is probably staying consistent because it is consistent. Looking now at your log, I don't see where the fuel pressure is at in the Configure User Defined section.

Nexus W/B doesnt have an out. Im tapped into the raw sensor output.

fuel pressure doesnt seem to actually fluctuate much. I hooked our Verus up to it today, and on the default setting, it was fine. Jack up the o-scope resolution, I got the same thing im seeing with on HPT. Im using a predefined autometer fuel pressure pid i found in the list.

Advanced Tuner
    Hmmm. The wideband conditions the signal from the O2 sensor, modifies it for temperature and such. The raw data straight from the O2, I don't think is usable. You'll need one with an analog output.

These tuning softwares scan tool functions are quite good. In fact, usually better than most mechanics scan tools. They need to be for tuning. They have a high sample/refresh rate. This can be a problem when you have a little too much data. Sometimes things need to be averaged out a little, in order for us to be able to interpret the data. This was definitely the case with my wideband, until I slowed it down thru the wideband software to 3 or 6 outputs per second. The wideband was capable of 12 or more, and it was looking very noisy. By slowing it down to 3x per second, the wideband "averaged" the data over that 1/3 of a second down to just one number. This makes it much easier to read.

If you can't do this on the sensor end, you'll have to smooth it on the scanner end. I think the only way you could do this in HPT would be in choosing how many decimals the data is allowed to have, and the min and max in the charts.