Thread: closed loop speed density and high low octane tuning

Lightbulb closed loop speed density and high low octane tuning

ok so question for high low octane tables:

when tuning timing, does one tune driveablility in high octane, and tune wot in low octane tables since, when the car goes wot it hits open loop?

next question:

when tuning 2 bar speed density for a blower or a turbo, etc... would i be better off turning the car back into closed loop when im finished tuning it to renable the ltfts for fuel economy, or would i be just better off leaving the tune as an open loop speed density?? my car would be a daily driver for the most part, working in a variety of different temps.

last question:

for a f/a tune, if i were to change the boost level of my tune such as going from 8 lbs to 12 lbs or more or less, would i have to re dial in my VE, spark, etc???

my engine combo would be 3.3L whipple supercharger, ported LQ9 heads, 232/240 .595, .602, 115 lsa cam, forged 347 bottum end, gm 2 bar map, 60 lb injectors

thx guys,
    Tom
    2002 WS6 M6

fast toyz lid, descreened MAF, smooth air bellow, prc springs, Torquer V2, jet hot LTs, hooker ory, LM1 powerflo, ls7 clutch, 42 ford greenies, 3.73 Moser 12- Bolt.

1 - copy paste both tables to identical values and tune timing, pasting to both each time you make a change. then when done, either leave them the same or subtract 2-5 or whatever you want from the low octane table. I leave my cars identical and take a few out for customers.

2 - up to you and depends on the camshaft and other variables. do you like how it runs in closed loop vs open loop? does the car see massively different temps (25 degrees and 105 degrees - not 50-100)/altitudes (0 up to 2000+)? might go back to CL....i leave my car in open loop now, used to leave it in CL but it runs better, smoother in OL.

3 - don't know but checking your stuff once in a while never hurts.

higgs thx for the input it reallyt filled in some of the blanks, now i have another question if you dont mind lol, isnt there some sort of rate one is supposed to retard their timing per lb of boost?
    2002 WS6 M6

fast toyz lid, descreened MAF, smooth air bellow, prc springs, Torquer V2, jet hot LTs, hooker ory, LM1 powerflo, ls7 clutch, 42 ford greenies, 3.73 Moser 12- Bolt.

There are rules of thumb but you have to find what works for you.

alrighty thx man that works, now last but not least here would you have any advice for doing a tune like this lol. i would be puttin in a forged rotating assembly in this so ill be breaking the motor in while im tuning it. are there any dos and donts for a type of tune like this? also im aware of the tuning process, set fuel, then dial in boost enrich VE, then timing, then idle dead last, so to speak any way. now my question is do i do everything completely in that order ONE at a time or do i do a little bit of everything at one time such as: while dialing in boost enrichment, set some timing to accommodate the mass rush of air coming into the motor?? or should i just stick to the process and just tune all the tables and parameters in a specific order?? thx again for the input iv tuned N/A but have never tuned a f/a car, however im confident i can do it .
    2002 WS6 M6

stick to the process