Thread: Need a fuel segment swap done please

Tuner

still no fuel guage after segment swap...

Having some issues getting this damn fuel guage to work. I sent my tune and the 02 express van file to support they got the segment swap done. Still have no fuel guage. I don't need to swap my 98 cluster out for my 2002 do i?
    Last edited by Silver2002ta; 05-11-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am - 1000+ rwhp street car

You aren't going to be able to swap a segment into that custom OS. Going back to the base 156 OS it will be possible.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    You aren't going to be able to swap a segment into that custom OS. Going back to the base 156 OS it will be possible.
    I sent that file I posted as well as an 02 express van file to Support and they said they were able to do the segment swap? Problem i'm having is the guage still isn't working lol. Do you have any tips or suggestions?

They may be able to make the swap, but for you and I, the custom OS is locked because they change the seed/key. You could fish it out and HOPE that they haven't changed the OS significantly but to do it right (besides the HPT staff engineers), you have to swap to the base OS.

Is your gauge not working or is it reading backwards? They do the segment swap, you still have to setup the file to work. The segment swap by itself doesn't fix the gauge.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    They may be able to make the swap, but for you and I, the custom OS is locked because they change the seed/key. You could fish it out and HOPE that they haven't changed the OS significantly but to do it right (besides the HPT staff engineers), you have to swap to the base OS.

Is your gauge not working or is it reading backwards? They do the segment swap, you still have to setup the file to work. The segment swap by itself doesn't fix the gauge.
    the guage reads full all the time. How exactly do you setup the file when you get it back?

I can do a fuel segment swap for you or I can correctly fix the issue