Thread: Does flashing the pcm reset the fuel trims?

Advanced Tuner

Does flashing the pcm reset the fuel trims?

I'm doing some VE table editing, and after doing some data logging on Saturday where my short term trims kindof matched my long term trims. So I made the adjustments to the VE table, reflashed, and then went for a drive today, and my short term values are almost opposite of the long term trims. I was really rich down low, and those ltrims are still really rich, but my short term trims are adding a lot of fuel now. The only thing I can think of is when I flashed the new update, I didn't reset my fuel trims and now the short term trims are trying to make the adjustments to the long term trims.

Does that make sense? I guess I can go and reset the trims and take another drive, but now I'm home with both kids and can't go for a ride.

Thanks.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

You need to clear the LTFT's using the scanner under one/off/100% - Fuel.. The pcm will make adjustments to LTFT after a bit but will take longer. No the pcm will not clear the trims after a flash unless you click clear trims.

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks. That's kind of what I thought, and looking at my data, it's what made the most sense.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.