Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LNF 3bar MAP(s) conversion calibration?

This is what I have at the moment. I notice it's definitely different than yours. Would this effect the max reading in the scanner with the settings I have?

[IMG][/IMG]

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    10,200 turns overboost corrections system off so could help you

what model/year u have this in?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

It's an 09

:edit: forgot to mention it's a cobalt.. lol
    Last edited by Freakotec; 07-03-2012 at 12:57 PM.

well as long as the charge pipe sensor wires are:
    grey-#1
    blue-#2
    tan-#3
    purple-#4

then the sensor should read under the boostlores pid

OK so I found the issue with as to why the custom low res pid wasn't registering.

I had re-arranged my entire table to sort of organize it better, and idiot me missed adding the regular (stock) low res pid back into the table so that was totally my stupid fault. I still can't get the mani map to register over 255kpa though. Oh well. As long as ONE of them is allowing me to see what I need then I'm happy for now I suppose. Thanks for the help overboost!

i would try to figure out both to verify the computer reading both of them correctly

I've tried a few different pid configs (only sensor, sensor minus baro, stock map pid, stock pid minus baro, ect ect) however nothing will register over 255kpa from the manifold sensor for some reason. I'm a little befuddled by this one so I'm not really sure how to go about fixing it at this point. I mean, what other combo is there to read the manifold map?

^^^ The ECU limits the IM sensor readings to 255kPa, you need to use the Lo res MAP in the CP for anything over that. At WOT they are at essentially the same pressure. Lo Res MAP is good to 512 kPa absolute.

I've posted the custom PID for it many times before. Since I've been tuning LS1's & LS3's I don't have that pid at my fingertips right now.

They will not read the same at part throttle and cross somewhere between 6-8 psi boost. The throttle plate is between the two and as the turbo starts to spool, lower CP pressure builds.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 07-03-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

really. its been a while since i looked at the map sensor but i thought they just crossed and didnt cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    ^^^ The ECU limits the IM sensor readings to 255kPa, you need to use the Lo res MAP in the CP for anything over that. At WOT they are at essentially the same pressure. Lo Res MAP is good to 512 kPa absolute.

I've posted the custom PID for it many times before. Since I've been tuning LS1's & LS3's I don't have that pid at my fingertips right now.

They will not read the same at part throttle and cross somewhere between 6-8 psi boost. The throttle plate is between the two and as the turbo starts to spool, lower CP pressure builds.
    Hey, thanks man. Yeah I've actually been using that custom pid for quite some time now.... quite a while before I installed the 3bar maps actually. I was mainly having issues getting the lo res custom pid to work at all ever since I made the swap over to th 3bars, but come to find out it was just due to a simple/stupid error on my part from when I reorganize my scanner table a little better. I had the customer pid in there but I simply forgot to add the factory 2338 pid back to my table like a knucklehead. I gave myself a good solid facepalm for that one!

I also actually didn't realize that the 3bar intake mani map couldn't be setup to read over 255kpa. That's a little bit of a bummer, but it sure makes perfect sense now as to why I couldn't get the stupid thing figured out! lol..
    Last edited by Freakotec; 07-04-2012 at 01:01 AM.

3 bar map kit from ottp

I have changed my entire tune to gms1 tune and my ait2 is at -40 aka lower charge pipe I have swapped sensors and still doesn't work I also have an extra sensor tried that one and still doesn't read correctly please help someone only car I got to drive

Senior Tuner
    check the wires and make sure they are in the correct location.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Advanced Tuner
    Plug n' Play Harness FTW!

Senior Tuner
    not all plug n play harnesses are correct.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    while reading this i noticed that there was a screenshot taken of the 'extended' or 'full view' of the numbers for the linear and offset. but in hptuners itself you can scroll to the right and see more decimals. can anyone copy and paste the exact values for the linear and offset?

Tuner in Training
    actually i came across the numbers.
    linear: 65.88750000
    offset: -6.35156250

Potential Tuner

Question

Hey guys I'm having an issue getting the ability to actually change my tmap parameters I can set the map sensor ones but I cannot do anything with my tmap, do I have to create a pid? I can't even go into that much depth of changing the parameters on my map sensor I can only adjust me linear and offset nothing else.