Thread: 2007 f 150 wot add fuel?

2007 f 150 wot add fuel?

playing with a 2007 f150 im used to tunning gm's how do i add fuel on this truck its runnin g lean, at wot it has intake,headers msd coils,

Maf

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

it was misfiring at high rpm so thaught it was lean, slaped the wide band on and sure it was, wast thinking maybe a bad coil it has all new msd coils, and took the plugs out and they are really bad so that may b the misfire? and would bad plugs or bad coils making truck run 14s afr at wot

If you have not tuned it then it is lean from the mods you have done. If it was tuned then check your fuel filter and or pressure - volume.

You can adjust fueling with the maf table.

Advanced Tuner
    just for the record the mass air flow transfer function is for air not fuel

however, in a mass air setup, if you lie to the ecu and say its getting more air ingested you will then get more fuel, however when doing this you also skew inferred load and if you ever have to drive the truck without the maf for some reason (failure in the desert for example) your truck won't run optimal, if your only raping the top portion then you'll be "~OK" still not ideal

its not uncommon for stock ford trucks to run a lambse of .95 at WOT, look at the lightnings for example and their supercharged !!

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post

however, in a mass air setup, if you lie to the ecu and say its getting more air ingested you will then get more fuel, however when doing this you also skew inferred load and if you ever have to drive the truck without the maf for some reason (failure in the desert for example) your truck won't run optimal, if your only raping the top portion then you'll be "~OK" still not ideal

its not uncommon for stock ford trucks to run a lambse of .95 at WOT, look at the lightnings for example and their supercharged !!

ya, I remember the last time I was in the desert and my maf failed.. I was like wow good thing it failed right in front of my trailer parked behind my high school.

Lambse - commanded afr or commanded lambda for those who speak hptuners. As for rapping the maf transfer table.. "Jerry" the guy who wrote the Ford software (Not HPT's) left Roush to work with SCT said it is ideal to use the maf on most ford platforms.

Yes the fuel base would be a good idea to adjust for open loop. But as most everyone is doing in the 4th gen gm section is tuning just the maf.. Guess them guys will be stuck in the desert some day and go WTF I sure wish I would have not raped my ecu and then lied to it.

Make sure that the Open Loop Delay table is zeroed out, as there is a 7 sec PE delay in 2nd gear & up as stock. A misfire will be seen as lean by the WB.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post

for the record...

if you tune the LWFM tables then you won't have lean or rich fueling issues if your MAF fails.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.