Thread: Need some tuning help LQ4 w/ ms3

Potential Tuner

Question Need some tuning help LQ4 w/ ms3

ok I got this LQ4 into my s13 its all wired up, everythings good so far, but it wont run for longer then 10 seconds. I've changed the injector table using that excel spread sheet but thats all i've done so far. I wanna put it in maf open loop because i think with the cam it wont run right but i cant figure out how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Potential Tuner
    Oh yeah here's the setup
    LQ4
    ls6 intake
    44.5 lb/hr injectors
    ms3 cam kit from texas speed
    tick performance stage 2 t56
    I'm using a painless wiring harness for an auto trans and just left it unplugged.

Going to need to post up your tune file
    1998 Z-28: lid, full exhaust, 3600 stall, drag radials = 12.08@111mph

Advanced Tuner
    With that cam you're going to need to setup your tb again. This will involve adjusting the set screw and resetting your TPS. From there, its going to be VE adjustments and timing you'll be working on.

As 346ci said, post your tune and perhaps a scan once you get it to idle.
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Potential Tuner
    Capture.JPG
    This is my timing map. Today I made 381hp/376tq Any suggestions. This is just a street tune.
    Capture fuel.JPG
    Here's the fuel map.
    I'm not really sure what afr I should be running with this cam. Right now its right around 11.8-12.0 at wot
    Last edited by 600sx; 06-22-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    If you are looking for tuning help... you will need to post a tune, and a log with a config would greatly help us help you in what direction to point you in. I am assuming that it runs for longer than 10 seconds if you are posting dyno numbers...

Eric