Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flashing GMS1 for 09 SS cobalt

Potential Tuner

flashing GMS1 for 09 SS cobalt

Hey guys Im getting ready to install my gms1 kit and flash it. I found an 09 gmpp1 file on the forum.

What is the exact flashing procedure for this?

1)Just do a regular write calibration only like any other flash

or

2)Do a write entire

I been doing alot of searching but ive seen many opinions. Im looking for a definitive answer with a group consensus. If there is anything else i need to know please let me know. Thx guys

Quote Originally Posted by phugeez View Post
    Hey guys Im getting ready to install my gms1 kit and flash it. I found an 09 gmpp1 file on the forum.

What is the exact flashing procedure for this?

1)Just do a regular write calibration only like any other flash

or

2)Do a write entire

I been doing alot of searching but ive seen many opinions. Im looking for a definitive answer with a group consensus. If there is anything else i need to know please let me know. Thx guys
    When upgrading to GMS1, do a write entire. Period.

Potential Tuner
    Ok thx..im am trying to look at the file and I am getting "Unable to open file Index was outside the bounds of the array"

Do I have a bad file? If I do does anyone have a good stock 09 GMS1 file

Advanced Tuner
    U have beta?

Potential Tuner
    No...but my buddy have it so he opened it first and it said "source array was not long enough check SRC index and length and Array lower bounds" he got 2.23 beta then I check with my older version and got the error posted. I got the file from this thread

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31685

Advanced Tuner
    Email support for a recent beta.

Potential Tuner
    ok will do

i have the correct beta and dont see the ability to flash gms1 without paying for another license for a file...
    2010 Cobalt SS/TC aka "Cavalier SS" aka "Corsica SS" aka "Geo Metro ZR1"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by roadconetuning View Post
    i have the correct beta and dont see the ability to flash gms1 without paying for another license for a file...
    That's how it works, you have to license the gmpp file too.

...that's one of the reasons the stock tune w/ gmpp data is better, there are others but as I recall you have to use a stock file for racing?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

That sucks... when u say s1 data in stock file do you mean copy/paste all of the data over? I thought there were other things changed that we couldn't see in the s1 tune

They are actually turbo nanny's you don't need. You can run the 3 bar sensors on a stock tune, the sensor data has been posted many times before by myself and others. Make sure you expand the sensor data precision all the way out by right clicking on the field and changing the precision. I'll see if I have the screencap. brb...

Edit: Found it.

Last edited by Iam Broke; 10-05-2012 at 10:56 AM.

i'm doing the opposite... I was going to run stock sensors on a GMS1 tune, i see no need for the extended range and loss of resolution.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Then take the gm turbo settings and copy them to a sgt 1 file. You will be much happier listening to iab and moving the parts of the stage kit u want to the factory base file.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    Then take the gm turbo settings and copy them to a sgt 1 file. You will be much happier listening to iab and moving the parts of the stage kit u want to the factory base file.
    ^^^ Troof!

i guess I'll do that tonight when i get home from work. should be intersting to see what the car does in this air... it turned the boost down to 12.5lbs in 2nd and 13.4ish in 3rd during lunch... last night was 13.2ish and RPD was showing 300hp on the ricer gauge. Thats with a stock tune with MAF halfway corrected for the K&N and codes killed for the downpipe.

Don't forget to copy the range high values in the dish section even though your not changing the sensor ranges

i did. i went thru each section and copied everything. its surprising how quick it comes into boost... yesterday at about 6pm the car made 13.4lbs of boost in 3rd... by 830 i had flashed in the gms1 info and it was at 21.9lbs... i have to wait for it to warm back up a bit to make pulls the nt05's did NOT like the 50* weather in 2nd gear...

a sorta related question, if i flash a stock gms1 tune from another vehicle onto my car with write entire (after using credits on it), can i change the vin # back to what my car is or will that not work? i know there used to be an option to change the vin but havent checked lately or tried.

i have the 3bar sensors soldered on but running a stock tune with those tables IAB posted. would there be any benefit to doing this if possible? seems like it would only take a couple of minutes to do the flash and change the vin.
    2008 Sky RL

Tech 2 changes the vin