Thread: GB DVD green tops data issue issue

Cool GB DVD green tops data issue issue

Ok I paid for a tune with this injector data. The tune had a LOT of KR in it so I had to make some changes.

I will admit that no matter what OTHER injector data I use even starting from a stock file will even run without sputtering. I have gone through the DVD and set it up right im pretty sure as I have compared it to others with these injectors and the data is very similar but none of them accelerates as well as THIS odd data. I am asking WHY?...

This data runs smooth but idles high sometimes like holds at about 1450...and idles a little rich. I now finally have my HPT back from service and my LC1 wideband. So I will be doing VE tuning as soon as I can get off work and wire it up and figure it out. I want to get the injector data right first though. The car runs pretty strong no bucking really even with a big 25x cam.

11:4:1 compression 408 with a 250/25x cam, 1 7/8 headers ported fast 92, 3" x pipe, avg 62psi fuel, tick mc, spec, ford green top 42lb injectors, asp pulley, racetronix hotwire kit, ls6 valley cover, 90mm tb, (78mm Granatelli MAF) I know i know its killin me but for now im just tryin to get straight enough to go SD, vararam with power duct, NO EGR, 160 stat, NGK TR6 plugs...other mods but none that matter for this question.

I have a lot of nitrous stuff but only the plumbing for the DP is installed. Right now im just trying to get the car running decent.

Here is the current tune and a few logs. This is on a 1997 Vette.

[email protected] is my email if anyone has any insight...

Thanks in advance guys
    2007 Trailblazer SS
    Pacesetter long tubes/magnaflow duals/electric water pump/electric fans/fast lxrt/ported tb/ 4" CAI/as hood/
    1999 CAMARO SS- LS2 1 7/8" LTs|BIGCAM|S2Heads|FTRA|UD Pulley|TRU DUALS|LCAs & LCARBs|panhard bar|BMR ADJ T-Arm|racetronix fuel pump|FAST102/102 Mcleod Adj MC|HINSON SHIFTER|S2 T56|4.56s|RAII|K&N|LID|Monster 4/electric water pump/micro edge/lnc2000/qa1s/nx plate/qa1 drag bar/12 bolt/4.11 gears/3.5 ds

Tuner in Training
    Get the Halltech Killer Bee II, it is a conversion with the LS3/LS7 MAF in a 102mm air bridge with a huge 107mm K&N filter. I am running a MAF only tune which makes it really easy to dial in. Mods in sig.
    2005 Lemans Blue C6 A4
    232/234 600/600 112, Longtubes, ORX, BB Bullets, Vararam, UD Pulley
    2002 Electron Blue Corvette Z06
    Iron 402, Trick Flow 215, 239/243 625/625 112, Fast 92/90, Halltech Killer Bee II, Dynatech Longtubes w/Cattless X-Pipe, Corsa Touring, 3.90, T1 Bars, HIDs, CCW Classics

506/466 - Sold

Thanks but since I have a Vararam, HPT pro, and 2 widebands... 1 for each car I may as well go SD. I may continue to use the MAF on the Z though. I was thinking about going with an 85mm maf on it. The problem with the larger MAFs is that my ECMs wont really be able to handle the higher frequencies. I have 97 and 98 LS1s the first year of the LS1 in a vette and the first year of the ls1 in the fbody.
    2007 Trailblazer SS
    Pacesetter long tubes/magnaflow duals/electric water pump/electric fans/fast lxrt/ported tb/ 4" CAI/as hood/
    1999 CAMARO SS- LS2 1 7/8" LTs|BIGCAM|S2Heads|FTRA|UD Pulley|TRU DUALS|LCAs & LCARBs|panhard bar|BMR ADJ T-Arm|racetronix fuel pump|FAST102/102 Mcleod Adj MC|HINSON SHIFTER|S2 T56|4.56s|RAII|K&N|LID|Monster 4/electric water pump/micro edge/lnc2000/qa1s/nx plate/qa1 drag bar/12 bolt/4.11 gears/3.5 ds

Tuner in Training
    Well good luck, how is your KPA@WOT with the smaller MAF? My car would start choking and drop from 100-101 to 97-98 past 5500 rpm with my old 85mm MAF, now it stays over 100 to 6700 sometimes even 101. Nice setup pretty much my car on steriods!
    2005 Lemans Blue C6 A4
    232/234 600/600 112, Longtubes, ORX, BB Bullets, Vararam, UD Pulley
    2002 Electron Blue Corvette Z06
    Iron 402, Trick Flow 215, 239/243 625/625 112, Fast 92/90, Halltech Killer Bee II, Dynatech Longtubes w/Cattless X-Pipe, Corsa Touring, 3.90, T1 Bars, HIDs, CCW Classics

506/466 - Sold

My Z06 was 102 on avg in Maryland, moved to San Antonio, and bam, 95.....

Your car runs bad on other injector data because the rest of the tune is created around the injector data. Did you notice that injector data is pretty much the only thing you put in the tune and never change again based on logs and how the car drives? You always change airflow tables to correct, not injector data.

1) start over with a stock file
    2) insert good injector data (data disc numbers)
    3) delay your end of injection point to reduce short circuiting at low speed
    4) add some timing near idle and low cruise to compensate for all the natural EGR that comes with your gigantic cam
    5) tune VE and MAF independently as shown on the DVD

Higgs - very true...When you have it right you dont go back. My thing was...I KNOW I went step by step with the GB data... I can post up the old data im sure I still have a config saved with it. Man it would sputter cut out then back on...so bad that I kept having to go back to this old data...I have been changing EVERYTHING trying to get this thing or half way right.
    eficalibrator - its not gigantic... not these days back 8 years ago it would have been gigantic now I see 25x cams in stock 6.0s...
    as far as the data...thats what I want to do but when I did this with the GB data for the green tops I couldnt really drive the car. I want that data right at this point because now im ready to ATTEMPT tuning with the wideband. From what I have read we sorta need to be able to go for a spin.
    Ultimately I really want to get away from the MAF period because I have a 1997 c5 the most outdated ls1 pcm and the slowest... the one that GM left after the FIRST year...lol.
    I plan on devoting Saturday and Sunday to tuning VE..IF I can get the car running with normal injector data.

Can you tell me what you mean by delay the end of injection point... because mainly its low speeds where the cutting out shows off. When im rolling its still cutting out but not so bad.
    2007 Trailblazer SS

It would be nice to see your stock tune because the voltage table looks waaaaay off fro your injectors and your IFR is too low also.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

stock file pulled before I did anything.

However come to think of it im not sure if its an unmolested file... I wasnt the first owner of this car. I compared it to another stock file from the repository just now and saw minimal differences when it came to fueling.

Quote Originally Posted by 69lt1bird View Post
    It would be nice to see your stock tune because the voltage table looks waaaaay off fro your injectors and your IFR is too low also.
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Like I said, if you have the DVD and excel files from Greg, start over from a stock file. Your injector voltage and IFR are both wrong.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Quote Originally Posted by ssdungeon View Post
    eficalibrator - its not gigantic... not these days back 8 years ago it would have been gigantic now I see 25x cams in stock 6.0s...
    Compared to stock, it is gigantic. I'm an OEM calibrator and can assure you that there are reasons that these cars don't come from the factory with 240-250 duration cams that go beyond just emissions.

Can you tell me what you mean by delay the end of injection point... because mainly its low speeds where the cutting out shows off. When im rolling its still cutting out but not so bad.
    There's a big thread about it already where I chimed in to point people in the right direction... HERE

I'm also including an example of this in my second DVD since it seems to be a common issue lately.

Quote Originally Posted by ssdungeon View Post
    However come to think of it im not sure if its an unmolested file... I wasnt the first owner of this car.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69lt1bird View Post
    Like I said, if you have the DVD and excel files from Greg, start over from a stock file. Your injector voltage and IFR are both wrong.
    Is there an echo in here? You never know what the previous guy was smoking. Starting with a known good stock file may solve some of your troubles since you know that at least ran a stock car well. Start with something reliable and only make the changes that you know the car needs.

The raw injector data is not your problem. But if you pair it with baked in errors for airflow, offsets, end of injection, etc., it may certainly look like you have injector problems if you're not seeing the big picture.

old but thanks..

You and another Sr. tuner in this thread gave me this advice. I may have got a PM. My STOCK file i yanked from the car was VERY different from the stock file in the repository. I started with a true stock file and the data works a LOT better. My car can finally sit and idle without me babying the gas and without all the surging. I just wanted to say thanks!!!!

It stumbles when i turn on the AC though.

QUOTE=eficalibrator;253152]1) start over with a stock file
    2) insert good injector data (data disc numbers)
    3) delay your end of injection point to reduce short circuiting at low speed
    4) add some timing near idle and low cruise to compensate for all the natural EGR that comes with your gigantic cam
    5) tune VE and MAF independently as shown on the DVD[/QUOTE]
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Idle stumbles, unless fuel related, are usually idle airflow problems.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Senior Tuner
    Summary of entire thread above:

Stubborn listened to wisdom long enough to realize he was wrong. He had already been given the best solution from the beginning...start over with known good data.

Good read!
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Tuner
    Ok
    Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 ss
    E-Fans*160 Stat*K@N Filter* FlowMaster Catback Duals*HP Tuned By Me USA