Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Please help find whats missing from my settings. Boosted 2.4l LE5

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrSky07 View Post
    Tuning these large injectors are indeed a chore. I attempted in tuning my ve tables last night but I couldn't get the Lo altitude table adjustments to make a difference on the afr. I disabled the maf, closed loop, turned off learn fuel trims and disabled decel fueling. I ended up keeping those values stock and maf tuning. It's getting better. Still has a little choppy idle and runs a bit rich when tipping into the throttle off idle. Could that just be from having a returnles fuel system with big injectors?
    Not sure there is much we can do with the ve. I will dig into that a little bit sometime though. The rich off idle throttle bugs me too. It goes off the wb rich and will make the car hesitate, but is otherwise normal. Not sure how to make that better. It was noticeable with 60s on gas too, but far pronounced with 80s/e85. Wonder if the return fuel system would help or the brfps from zzp would bring the fuel pressure down enough at vac to control that, or if it is infact tuneable. I was able to get my idle dialed in nicely though with maf. I just adjusted the timing a bit and used the idle control in the scanner to hit various rpms in that range.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

I may go with a return style system soon. I'm getting a lot closer right now, about +-6%.

Can you post your tune so I can take a look at your settings? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get a manageable idle. I have scaled my tune 50% like banish said to do on his videos and been maf tuning non stop. I went through a whole tank of gas and its still not dialed in yet. The worst part about it is when I give it gas and it tries to go back to idle. It drops to like 400 rpms and most the time stalls. Its showing a very rich afr. I cant get it to stop doing that. I was maybe going to try messing with the throttle body scalar to see if that helps out... Any advice?

Ya you need to make a bunch of changes to your tune. The fuel injector settings need a lot of work!!! Let me see if I can find a tune to help you. You need to change your dynamic settings to 300 disable and 200 reenable or dialing in the maf isn't going to happen.
    Last edited by laser_racer; 05-29-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Ok. What other things need changing?

All the injector settings. Your settings look either stock or for the 42s.

I used the values from the omega injector spreadsheet then scaled the data 50% like the tuning videos said. Is that wrong?

I get an unable to open file. Index was outside the bounds of the array..

There are definitely a few things you should try changing in both your fueling and idle tables. I attached a tune I am still dialing in for a buddy of mine, by no means is it 100% dialed in, but so far it's pretty solid and idles like a champ! The biggest thing I noticed that I am doing, but most others aren't that are running e85 (whether it's right or wrong I'm not entirely sure, but it works great in this car) is that I'm using the virtual alcohol sensor built into the e67 ecm. It allows for the car to adjust and compensate for different ethanol content automatically within about 1/4 tank or less of drive time no matter how much or little the ethanol content. You can try out a few tables from here and see if it helps you at all, and maybe even test out the virtual sensor yourself.

One last thing.... holly crap are you running a ton of timing! lol

This is my work in progress. Hopefully I will work out all the issues over the next couple weeks. It has values from a tune I paid for a not too long ago and I have been changing values as I swapped out parts/different fuel.

It does idle pretty good though. I was having the idle drop like you describe almost everytime. Now it happens occasionally like once a trip. When I originally put in the e85/80s I couldn't leave my garage for two hours it was so out of whack with idle hunt and now it drives pretty well overall. I also upped my idle to 900, but I am going to lower it back down to 800. It just helped me dial it in with less chance of it stalling out while tuning it. I mainly adjusted some engine.idle.rpm tables and some engine.spark.advance tables for idle. Also had to dial in the maf over and over to get the fueling closer for idle. Try using the VCM Scanner.VCM Controls.Special.Idle(IAC)Control to help you dial in the maf area used at idle. I just commanded a certain rpm to log a maf cell for a few minutes then commanded a different rpm for a different maf cell. It helped me a lot. I just kept logging and making maf adjustments and finally got my trims within 1% from 750-1200rpms.
    Last edited by hhrfreek; 05-30-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

Ah I wish I could open these files. I think everyone is using the beta but me...

he car idles a little better now and doesnt stall out. It idles fine but then after a min or 2 it hunts then smooths back out after 20 seconds or so. Is that just due to having big injectors or is there something else that needs fixing?

Is there any settings you guys know of that reduces voltage to the fuel pump to reduce the fuel pressure at idle with a returnless system?

You should be able to dial it in. I can blip the throttle and it finds idle just fine each time.

Also today I just played with my final idle air flow minimum because my idle would hang until I come to a stop. I adjusted it down ~the maf reading for idle which was about .31lb/min and it comes right down instead of hanging around 12-1500rpms. I was tuning openloop today and still my idle got even better...my guess is if your having issues like I was its your maf calibration is still off.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

I suppose it could be the maf. Everytime I error log the maf the numbers for the error % make it worse.. I'm not sure whats going on.

this is the error pid I use for e85:

100*(([AUX.20121]/1.506)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

that should work with a stoich value of 9.76 which I see you have.

I just drove around for about an hour with no trims dialing in the maf. If you can't drive around in open loop your maf is way off or maybe the location is bad? Mine was pretty close using closed loop, but it was improved a lot today.

Your old values for final airflow might have been close...I just left them at the stock setting for a while, but even then idle was still ok...now i understand that table a little better.
    Last edited by hhrfreek; 05-30-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

i was using ([AUX.20012]/14.7)*9.76 for commanded and 100*([USER.9004]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121] for afr error

Why wouldn't you use the fuel trims to dial in cruise idle and partial accel?

Well after using some of the data from those tunes you guys posted and a bunch more maf tuning its idling decent and not stalling. It does seem to have a better idle with closed loop off.. I dont know if you guys had this issue with the beta or not but its saying Im boosting 154 psi and 617.1kPa.. Is there something I have set wrong in the config to get it to do that? I tried opening up other configs with old logs and its showing the same absurd values.

Heres my log. If someone could look and see if it shows those numbers. Thanks