Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help find whats missing from my settings. Boosted 2.4l LE5

Tuning is going alright. I hear ya on the tuning. I'm used to tuning Hondas on obd1 and this is way more difficult. I'm using the 42s still and a t3 with a t31 exhaust housing. It's about 46 trim. It spools real quick but doesn't have the power I want. I think ill go with a 54 or 57 trim and 60#ers if I don't get the power I want out of e85 with a few more psi. I did recently run my wastegate dump external and that helped a bit too.

Wow, even with that turbo I'm still surprised you're getting away with those 42's on e85. My buddy's car is pushing 15psi (fully built engine on stock compression) on a bnr2871 with 80's on e85 and we're sitting around 50-60% inj dc. Granted the tune isn't exactly dialed in at the moment, but 42s still strike me as a tad small. Maybe I'm doing something wrong How much air are you flowing over the maf right now at wot just out of curiosity?

I'm not sure if the logger is correct but with gas, 7 psi and redline its about 43% so I'm not sure. I'll let you know If it runs lean one I get to pe tuning.

Holy cats...42s seem small...i was seeing over 100% idc on 9psi with 60s when i was on e85
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

^^That's what I'm sayin! Do you have a log with some WOT pulls and maybe a tune file you can post by any chance SlvrSky07? I'm just kind of curious to see how you have things setup.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrSky07 View Post
    I'm not sure if the logger is correct but with gas, 7 psi and redline its about 43% so I'm not sure. I'll let you know If it runs lean one I get to pe tuning.
    I hate getting all the main/street tuning done and then running out of injector once I start PE WOT tuning.

I think this is what you will find happens.

I'll try posting a log this weekend when I do more tuning. I guess we will see if that happens, you may be right but we will see.

Just for curiously if I do run out of injector. What do you recommend, 60# or 80# and what type/ brand? Right now I have the injectors from an ion redline. So that's the connector type I used.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    I've never been wronged by a set of RC Precision injectors, or a set of after purchase flow tested Siemens.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

New Siemens are not good right out of the box? I have used both Precision and RC engineering in the past and they both were decent. The Precision was a little more difficult to get them to idle good.

Well here's the logs and etc from a little bit of PE tuning. In log 2 the IDC is at 80% but you guys were right. After looking at the Omega injector spreadsheet I noticed I had the wrong values which may explain the low IDC number with a maxed out injector. The difference in the 2 logs is that the 2nd one I turned the PE multiplier from 1.3 to 1.5 and it didnt help much and I cannot make it run the afr I'm trying to get. If you guys want to look at the logs, config and my tune it would be much appreciated. Also I bought 80# injectors tonight too.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    80's nice! Those are fun to tune.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Lol that's what I hear. I didn't want to have to buy injectors again so I went with the 80s.
    Last edited by SlvrSky07; 05-11-2012 at 04:58 PM.

So I was looking into that Omega injector data spreadsheet for the LSJ. Now since the ecu data is a little different the LE5 will that change the values needed? Such as the Injector flow rate vs pressure delta table on my ecu reads 128 to 640 kPA and the one shown for LSJ goes -120 to 80. HPT help says for my ecu its listed as g/sec but it looks the the number needed would be listed as lb/hr on the spreadsheet. Also the flow rate modifier vs volts, is there a certain value needed? It looks like 1.8 is the lowest number I can go to keep the value out of the red for 80#ers. The offset voltage vs MAP and VAC tables are both there on an LSJ but only MAP offset is listed on LE5. Do you just use the MAP setting and set the offset select to MAP too? I tried searching for a thread with someone using the LE5 with 80#ers but couldnt seem to dig anything up.

80's and e85 are a super fun combo aren't they? As far as your pressure delta goes, seeing as how you can't just plop in a flow rate of 80, you're going to want to set the whole table to the max of 63 and then adjust your offset tables accordingly to match the 80's. So basically the math is 80/63=1.269. Even though the injector is rated as an 80lb, I think the siemen's are closer to 82lb so you pressure delta should actually be more like 1.3 (82/63=1.301). I hope that helps a bit.

So far this is definitely the biggest PITA car that I have had to tune to date.. lol.. The biggest issue I'm running into with this particular car (aside from the tb sensor that needs to be replaced) is the Maf scaling due to the fact that his is relocated to about 10" in from of the tb and it's giving me some fits at the moment. With the scaling being all sorts of funky it's putting my inj dc through the freakin roof even though I shouldn't be anywhere's near the injector limit at this point. At this point I have the car set to boost at 15psi and even with it not 100% dialed in yet the car definitely freakin rips!

The car's mods are basically a fully built 2.4 bottom end, 78# valve springs, LNF turbo manifold, bnr2871, LK9 intake mani, e85, and all the bolt-on goodies to support it just in case you were curious.

Ok awesome setup you have going for ya! Id like to see what she puts out for power. Some day Ill do engine work to my sky but since it only has 20,000 miles on it Ill keep it this way until something lets loose or I get some extra cash. Here's my setup if you didnt see it before http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...o-setup-37696/

I get what you are saying for the pressure delta. I have it linear from 48.10 to 62.98 using the 1.552 flow rate modifier vs volts. I used this spreadsheet and inputed the data I think went in the correct area. Ill upload my tune for people to view.

Spreadsheet ===> http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...readsheet.html

The flowrate multiplier doesn't do anything if it is above the hardcoded 63.5 limit. Try maxing out your flowrate at 63.5 and log then use the multiplier and log. Your logs will be the same. Also note your inj flow rate with the modifier...it will still always be 63.5. The only way to tune larger injectors is by maf.

I am almost on empty and I am going to put in my 80s that I've had sitting around since January and join this 80's/e85 party. Looks like this is the better way to go over meth. Are you guys on the stock fuel pump/system?
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

I'll have to look into that. I just got those tuning dvds, still gotta take a look at it. I'm still using the stock pump. I haven't found any flow or volume specs on it. I hope it holds up since I hate the walboro 255 whine.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrSky07 View Post
    new log, i did a bit of maf changes with this one after the log.
    Hi SlvrSky07,

What map do you use in this tune ????

2.5 or 2 bar ???