Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help find whats missing from my settings. Boosted 2.4l LE5

Lol no way for that one.. Ill mess around with it and see what I come up with in the spring

Advanced Tuner
    well you could turn decel cut off, or make it engage later if the pcm will let you. but say bye bye to 4 mpg's if you turn decel cut off.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Why would having it give gas when you are basicly engine braking be more helpful? All my older cars just go full lean until idle rpm and they work fine.

Advanced Tuner
    You've got a ton of un burnt fuel in the exhaust from being so rich in boost, exhaust it hot, but the mixture in the exhaust is too rich to light off. Decel cut come sin and introduces a bunch of air, and bam mixture becomes lean enough to light off and does.

ah well maybe ill just have to deal...

So I don't want to make a new thread about some LE5 tuning. Anyways, how is the tuning going? I'm thinking of throwing a turbo on a LE5. Are the ECU's for the 2.4 any good to tune? Just trying to see if it's worth building.

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

Tuning is just about done. A little more fine tuning in the spring and possibly a dyno tune. They are just as easy as most to tune. From what I read they are the same as the Corvette ecu. I turbocharged my le5 sky. Wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by SlvrSky07; 10-28-2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: dyno*

Are there any updates on adjusting the cams for the LE5 ecu?

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

I haven't changed anything for the cam timing or vvt. I'm interested in seeing if there's a way to gain power by changing vvt settings.

reason I am asking is that I am in a pickle between building a LNF or LE5 RWD application. The LE5 parts, especially block, is very easy to find compared to the LNF. If I can properly tune a fully built LE5, with cams, then I probably will. But if I cant adjust the upgraded cams them building a LE5 will be a waste of my time.

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

I'm not sure on that part. Some of the senior tuners would know. I'm sure its been done before though. If you need help with anything else let me know.

I couldn't see why you wouldn't be able to tune for cams. Zzp sells them for the le5 and lnf just take little time to dial it in.

Hey everyone. I have been working on changing my car to run e-85. The car is dialed in correctly on gas and I have changed my stoich value to 9.765. The car runs a bit rich and I think Ill have to do some maf tuning. Id like to change it to lambda. Now I have set up 2 custom PIDs for commanded lambda and lambda error ( I think I have done them correctly). Now Ill have to change the LC-1 to output only lambda? and the finial question is tuning the maf. Does anything change in the way I tune for MAF high and low? Or am I missing a step?

Here is my config, log and tune. The E85 tune is the one I'm on now. The gasoline tune was done at the dyno previously.

I forgot to mention that I was unable to get into my LC-1 to change it to output just lambda. It is still on the same mode as it was for tuning gasoline afr.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrSky07 View Post
    I forgot to mention that I was unable to get into my LC-1 to change it to output just lambda. It is still on the same mode as it was for tuning gasoline afr.
    The LC1 outputs a voltage related to the lambda value the sensor is detecting. The gauge that comes with the cheap LC1 only displays afr in gasoline weighting. But you can have it show however the you want in hp tuners, you just have to change how the custom pid is setup.

Could you please take a look at my logs and config to see if I have something messed up?

Advanced Tuner
    Dont have HPT on this computer. BUT if you didnt touch the output from the wideband at all theoretically all you should have needed to do was change your voltage offset, the number you add at the end of the pid equation (I believe that its 10 in the walk through for making the wideband pid). It would need to become like .68027, if 10 was the previous minimum afr you were reading with hpt.

This is my current tune its going so far so good

So how's the e-tune going? I'm in the process of trying to dial in an e85 tune on my buddy's turbod LE5 as well. I gotta tell ya, it's honestly a bid daunting seeing all these tables seeing as how I've only really only ever tuning LNF's.... lol

What turbo are you running btw, and are you still on 42's?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as well..