Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help find whats missing from my settings. Boosted 2.4l LE5

I don't think so. The table is not scalable so I would imagine its the same as other tables in which that is the hard coded limit. From what I understand if a value is surpassed, the last value is the one that is used. I'm not sure why your numbers are high. I'm still well within the limits. How much boost are you running? I am running 9psi and only manage to hit about 1.12 with about 16 adv at 7200rpm. My high octane is only about 9 adv in that area though. I use other tables to add to the spark based on PE and IAT, but they are limited too.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

I did another tune on it, now im down to 1.29ish at 10 psi. I'm enclosing my tune, config and logs. I still have a little issue with dialing in the correct afr. if you look at my logs sometime its 11.5ish and another time its running lean causing knock. Also i cant seem to find the correct settings to get my plx egt to read the correct temp in hp tuners. If you could please take a look when you get a chance and as before it is much appreciated!

I think you should check this link out. When I started tuning my car this helped me out a lot:

http://http://www.ecotecforum.com/fo...LE5-Tuning-FAQ

A bit down he runs you through using WB as well.

For the most part you are running rich under boost. I think its more to do with dialing your MAF correctly which is also covered in the link or your piston protection dumping fuel. Also since we are boosting a high compression ratio I would consider running a richer AFR. You are commanding ~12.44AFR (14.7/1.182). Many people run richer including myself. I have been using ~11.5. Better safe than sorry here. The AFR listed in the link are for a N/A so we need to run richer. Consider this too: lower your boost a bit until you get solid consistency then up the boost when your car is responding properly to your tunes.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

Advanced Tuner
    Yes 12.44 is kind of lean, 11.5 is pretty damn rich. Still 12.2 is the leanest I'd run boosted, I'll normally tune in the 11.8 area and then lean out once its dial in, unless its going to be a big power car then I'd start richer.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

I would like to be on the safe side with only having 91 octane here. What would you recommend setting piston protection to? I think it may be running rich due to that. I think 11.8 would be my ideal afr needed.

I made a couple corrections that will hopefully get it more consistent. I turned piston protection to 7200 (is that too high?) and made the eq ratio vs rpm 1.240 (11.85 afr) and power enrich rate 1.0. And to make sure I am tuning correctly :I drive around to log maf low and high, when i get the average values in the histogram ill add them into a spread sheet.. such as if they vary from -1 to -6 i will use -3. I enter that into the spreadsheet and copy it. then ill paste it using paste special, multiply by %. i will repeat until it gets close to 0.. correct? Then turn the boost up to 10 psi and make sure the afr is correct under boost and i dont get KR. if i do get KR, back timing off until it goes away.. Correct?

Any Idea how to configure the enhanced IO input for a plx egt to work correctly?

Advanced Tuner
    whats the spread sheet for? copy and past special multiply right from the histogram in hpt. And once you get close multiply by half.

I guess i always just used a spreadsheet because thats how i was taught by my buddy. what do you have your piston protection set at leafy?

Advanced Tuner
    The max value, well thats not on my car because I dont have piston protection as an option but on cars I've worked with that have it, thats what it gets set to because my tune is piston protection.

all it does is dump fuel to keep the piston cool at that rpm you set it? Any clue on the egt input question?

Advanced Tuner
    I've got no idea on pro interface stuff, never used it.

ah ok, for some reason there isnt any info on the internet. it would be nice to have them all logged on one screen. I appreciate the info from you both, thanks!

Hey guys. I have another question for you if you have time. As I get closer on dialing in my AFRs Ive been having an issue with the car going full lean. This happens when I'm doing normal driving without boost. Its usually between 30-45% throttle and 2200-3000 rpm range.. Its getting kinda annoying. Thanks for the help.

This configuration might be little better for you. Your short term fuel trims are all over the place there. Your piston protect just max that cell out. Set your dynamics to like 300 disable and 200 enable so it won't use the map sensor for any fueling just the maf. Also what scaling did you use for the egt sensor? Also you should change it to fahrenheit unless you can read celsius.

I wasn't sure what to use for the egt offset. I couldn't find any info on it.

What does your scaling look like right now?

I think I just left it linear with 5 for the x & y cuz I couldn't figure it out.

Try doing volt/ .0032 + 0 also make sure you make it read fahrenheit.

or volts/ .0027 + 32 I think first one will be closest.