Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help find whats missing from my settings. Boosted 2.4l LE5

maybe ill see if my buddy can try this sensor in his car. What would you suggest?

I think your right on being a bad map sensor. I put my stock one back in and changed it to the same offset as I was using. It did the exact same thing. I think either they sent me a 1 bar by mistake. Ordered a new one and Ill see if that fixes the issue.

Ok kewl beans hopefully we're on the right track.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

Thanks for ur help tho! I think I woulda been chasing my tail if I didnt check the map sensor. I'll let you know in a few days if that did the trick and gets PE mode working better.

Is there a part number on the map sensor you have been trying to use? Double check this because from what I have found is there were actually 3 MAP sensors used on the Cobalts and Ion Red Lines and one of them was a 1 bar used on the supercharger(Not sure if you could have gotten this unless the pinouts etc. are the same). I think the one you need measures 2.5bar MAP and Intake Air Temperature but can't seem to find a P/N.

I have been digging up some good info on setting up MAP sensors properly. Turns out my offset is probably off and just never went back to look into it since my car has been running well.

This discussion and various linked pages helped me understand it a lot better:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=189488
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

I cant read the part number off the sensor I just bought from a local parts store, it a standard automotive product. I think I got the 1 bar sensor by mistake. I ended up buying this one now: http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...oducts_id/1749
    I also found this link too: http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_...=991&catid=144 . I think I will use the offset of 200/8.15 when I get it.

Tuner
    That was probably your problem, as someone else said there is 3 "MAP" sensors on the Redlines (which also started production in 2004 not 2003 ) You probably received the SCIP (S/C inlet pressure)sensor which is located on the top of the supercharger on the Redlines and is a "1 bar" sensor because it is before the boost pressure.

the sensor you were looking for is known as the T-MAP sensor and actually has 4 wire plug and not the three.

Although this info is to late now that you got the other 2 bar map sensor you should be okay. Better late than never right!

Lol thanks for all the info!

Tuner
    so when you multiply for the injectors how do you scale down because the max value that can be used is 63.
    04 Ion Red Line - Black "Stealth Beauty"

63.5 is the hard coded limit. I have 60lb injectors and I just have to pin it out for most of the table. Some people try doing multipliers(Flow rate vs Volts), but I logged this method and the scanner still showed that my flow rate was 63.5 when it was supposed to be closer to 70ish if I recall.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hhrfreek View Post
    63.5 is the hard coded limit. I have 60lb injectors and I just have to pin it out for most of the table. Some people try doing multipliers(Flow rate vs Volts), but I logged this method and the scanner still showed that my flow rate was 63.5 when it was supposed to be closer to 70ish if I recall.
    OK so what do you mean pin out.

Not pin out. Pin it. Max the IFR table at 63.5.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hhrfreek View Post
    Not pin out. Pin it. Max the IFR table at 63.5.
    Do you have a pic of your tune. You just left your IFR table at 63.5 all the way across.

I used 63.5 for any value higher than the limit.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

Tuner in Training
    Looked at another 2.4 tune last night with 60#s and they also worked around the hard code limit by using the flow rate vs. volt modifier, easier than scaling a bunch of tables I suppose.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
    Looked at another 2.4 tune last night with 60#s and they also worked around the hard code limit by using the flow rate vs. volt modifier, easier than scaling a bunch of tables I suppose.

Thanks to everyone for all the help, markz I'm the one you talked to sat night my buddy is mgm1979 on here. What's the process of this flow rate vs volts.

Tuner in Training
    My best guess is that it multiplies voltage values within the injector control tables thus increasing flow rates without scaling. Of course I could be 100% wrong, but that is how I'm wrapping my head around it until I know for sure just how they got past the hardcoding.

Great subject for an expert to chime in on

The map sensor took care of my issue. I just have to tweek the timing tables yet due to getting 4 counts of knock...

sweet good to hear its running right
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

Hey hhrfreek, maybe you can help me out with this again. I may be having a blonde moment or not understanding. When running the scanner at my max boost and rpm it is logging 1.45 g/cyl. Now when I go into Main spark high octane to change the timing it has 1.36 g/cyl for the max.. is there anyway to extend that max value on the table?