Thread: Enable AC with GM Stage 3 PCM with HPT?

Potential Tuner

Enable AC with GM Stage 3 PCM with HPT?

I know that Trifecta has figured out a while back on how to reenable air conditing on the GM Stage 3 Ecotec LSJ PCMs, that are supped to be locked for the most part. Has anyone figured out how to do with this with HP Tuners? Or is GM disabling the AC through locked tables, or tables that are inacessible by HP Tuners?

i may be wrong here, but i believe the stage 3 pcm is a different operating system thats not supported by hp tuners. this is why hp tuners is unable to tune the stage 3 computer.
    2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged
    60lb injectors, 2.7" pulley, ported blower, dual pass intercooler with option B, cobra heat exchanger, devils own alcohol injection, clear image mid length header, 2 1/2" catless exhaust, zzp intake, powell motorsport "rotated" mounts, hurst shifter, Pedders springs, ss/tc struts, hawk pads and r1 rotors

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecocharge View Post
    I know that Trifecta has figured out a while back on how to reenable air conditing on the GM Stage 3 Ecotec LSJ PCMs, that are supped to be locked for the most part. Has anyone figured out how to do with this with HP Tuners? Or is GM disabling the AC through locked tables, or tables that are inacessible by HP Tuners?
    that part

Potential Tuner
    Darn, that'd be nice if HPT was eventually able to have the capability to get into the tables. The GM Stage 3 PCM features are pretty neat, but they aren't worth me giving up my AC. Theres probably no chance of HP Tuners doing any more work with the LSJ PCMs either, since it was limited to two vehicles that are no longer produced

The Stage 3 PCM is not editable by HPT, because it has no VIN attached to it. No VIN = No license.

Your only option is to talk to Trifecta, about getting a HPT tunable Stage 3 flash.
    It's exactly what it sounds like; Trifecta made a custom Stage 3 OS that 'looks' like the stock OS to HPT (so you can license it). As well, they enabled the AC.
    It has it's pros and cons, though. While you can tune it with HPT like the stock OS, you have no access to the Stage 3 tables. To modify those, you need to go through Trifecta, which can be a pain in the ass.
    Tyler

i really thought about getting the stage 3 through trifecta, but ive heard that vince can be hard to get retunes from at times.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    At times...#rofl
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

^
    Agreed.

He has a real problem not returning messages.
    Tyler

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    all i want from him is the stand alone flash and he still hasnt contacted me.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    trifecta hpt stg 3 combo is nix
    thats the word on the street