Thread: Idle kick-up to run on-board air compressor.

Potential Tuner

Idle kick-up to run on-board air compressor.

I have a 2002 5.3 Chevy Vortex with a HP VCM Suite Pro.

I am trying to find a way to raise the idle speed when running the on-board air compressor. This is for a jeep and using the compressor to run the lockers and air up the tires. It would be nice to kick-up the idle to around 1200 rpm to increase the air volume from the compressor.

Anyone have any idea if this can be done with the computer triggering some sort of input?

Right now I am using a 12 volt solenoid to an air powered plunger to kick-up the idea speed. It is hooked into the e-brake system so it can only come on with the e-brake set.

Thanks for your help,
    Bob

you could make the pcm think the airconditioning is coming on. that is unless your airconditioning is coming on.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

Potential Tuner
    Will that increase the idle speed base setting?

Senior Tuner
    This will only work if you are not running ac. You would have to run switched battery + to C2 17 and then ground C2 11 and C2 55 for the preasure switches. You could then modify the idle speed under engine-idle-idle rpm in the sections for ac on.

PS: double check the pins as I did not look up your specific model.

Potential Tuner
    Fantastic!
    I will be running A/C. I am thinking a few diodes in this circuit and find a happy medium with the A/C really running and the idle speed tricked into thinking the A/C is running for the air compressor.

Thanks for your help.

Senior Tuner
    You could probably work it out, but would be a lot of work to not have ac running when you stepped up your idle. Your current solution sounds easiar to me........

mecanics right. how about aircomp and solenoid on same switch with ebrake safety?
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro