Thread: Idle trims, anyone else experienced this?

Idle trims, anyone else experienced this?

Hi

Car data: 5.7, 224 cam, lt's, 2.5" duals, lid and ported TB

I have been tuning with a wide band and feel pretty good about where the MAF and RAF numbers are at...one time they may be neg. and the next pos. so I have taken an average and most of the time the STFT's are in line, but every now and then they go either neg or pos. to the point of being 15-20 but the idle seems fine, the car doesn't buck, stumble, etc. What the frick is going on...this is driving me nuts. Has anyone else experienced this?
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

My '02 silvy does that now after my GMPP ASA cam install. I am convinced it b/c the cam, ram air intake, longtubes, and 3" dual exh. has thrown my VE and MAF cal. off. I just haven't had time to redo it. No KR or lean conditions so I'll do it when I can. Maybe your blip is along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfister77 View Post
    My '02 silvy does that now after my GMPP ASA cam install. I am convinced it b/c the cam, ram air intake, longtubes, and 3" dual exh. has thrown my VE and MAF cal. off. I just haven't had time to redo it. No KR or lean conditions so I'll do it when I can. Maybe your blip is along those lines.
    I don't know...

My VE and MAF tables are tuned, and I would say 80% of the time the trims read right where they should....and it's strange it Always settles down after driving long enough.
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

Senior Tuner
    If it is not causing issues ... leave it alone! They are called trims for a reason, don't expect them to stay perfect all the time.

Advanced Tuner
    I'll bet it has to do with IAT changes heat soak on the IAT results in lean A/F
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

The bucking is probably from timing. Try lowering and smoothing out your timing under 2500 rpm and see what happens.