Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the 0411 control Fans when A/C is Switched ON???

Quote Originally Posted by jseely View Post
    Google i tried that and could not get it to work the second fan would just click the relay. I have the wiring right i went over it 10 times wire for wire. I have alldata, identifix, even googled the wiring diagram it is correct. I even purchased this harness from blackbear http://www.blackbearperformance.com/services.asp It does the same thing. Wont work the second pcm signal wire just clicks. I can ground the relay signal wires and the fans work. So it has to be something in the pcm or settings i am missing. If i send you a copy of the tune could you look at and tell me what i done wrong? I have tried changing everything. Only thing i have come up with is it would have to be a camaro os. As the 411 didnt use fans for truck programing. If you have fb you can see the truck at seelys automotive.

Yes I can look at the tune. The second fan ground signal comes from the recirculation door pcm pin in the truck os if you don't have it wired to that pin with the setting in the tune set to fan#2 from recirc. I am running the truck os as well and went through this a few years ago and sent my file to support to have the recirc changed before it was in the editor. Now they have it added though. Thanks HPT!
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

So im using 33 and 42. Are you saying i should be using a different pin?

So im using 33 and 42. Are you saying i should be using a different pin?
    I don't have the wiring in front of me. What are those pins for the truck os?

That is the factory pins for a 02 f body and a 05 silverado.

That is the factory pins for a 02 f body and a 05 silverado.

Not what I asked. Post your tune or email it, I need more info.

sent

Ok your using a 2002 Chev Silv os.. so wiring should be for it not the camaro or the 2005. I have attached two pictures, one is your settings for fan control and the other is in compare mode and my std settings. If changing these do not help with the fans then check your wiring for the 2002 Chevy Silv.. You would need to find the recirc door pin on the pcm.. I will look tomarrow and post the pin# up for everyone.

I will try whatever pin you post tommorow as this is how the tune was sent to me and i have changed all the settings a hundred times and havent gotten it to work. Thier is no wiring diagram for a 02 silverado that you will find on alldata for a truck with elctric fans as they did not come with them. So curious what pin is the fix for this. Thanks for the help

Thier is no wiring diagram for a 02 silverado that you will find on alldata for a truck with elctric fans as they did not come with them. So curious what pin is the fix for this. Thanks for the help

I know that.. Thats why your not looking for a fan pcm pin.. you will be looking for the (recirc door) pcm pin for fan # 2 control. Think it is blue 42 if I remember correct, been a while though.

Are you using two or three relays and are they 4 or 5 wire relays?

Found my diagrams,

PCM Red 33 is the hvac recirculation door control or 2 & 3 relay control.
    PCM Blue 42 is cooling fan 1 relay control.

If you have these pins in use with 3 relays and the settings I posted and still have no high fan control or no a/c fan control then you have the 2-3 relays wired wrong or fried the 2-3 conrtol in the pcm.

From what it sounds like, you have the grounds on the relays mixed up. the pcm will not give a strong enough ground for anything other then switching the relay. 4 wire relay has 12v battery in and out that goes to the fan when switched. A chassis or battery ground, and a pcm ground for switching only. Finally a 12v key switch power. If you have the grounds mixed up this would cause the relay to click but not give enough ground to run the fans.

Last edited by Google; 05-16-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Im using the 3 relay system. Wired identical as the 05 cooling fan diagram. Two relays is four pin one is 5 pin.
    I will play with it some today if i get time been a month or so since i have messed with them.

Can you also attach a pic of the fan 1 settings so i can make sure every setting is correct. It cut that part off.

may be this will help

Can you also attach a pic of the fan 1 settings so i can make sure every setting is correct. It cut that part off.

Thanks google got me fixed up.

Tuner in Training
    Hmm.... Thanks as well!
    Last edited by PopUpBlocker; 06-03-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry to bring back a dead post, but I have an 04 yukon and am trying to add electric fans. I don't have all of the options as shown in the pics. All I have is fan type and fan on and off temps. I tried opening it in advanced mode but it still doesnt show the additional settings. Any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bthompsontx View Post
    Sorry to bring back a dead post, but I have an 04 yukon and am trying to add electric fans. I don't have all of the options as shown in the pics. All I have is fan type and fan on and off temps. I tried opening it in advanced mode but it still doesnt show the additional settings. Any ideas?
    You need the beta.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PitchblackC3 View Post
    You need the beta.
    Thanks!!! Got it and everything is there.