Thread: 2010 Camaro flare up after 2-3 shift

Potential Tuner

2010 Camaro flare up after 2-3 shift

Maggie 2300, Cam, not tuned by me. Brand new trans, trying to solve this.

at part throttle, around 30-50% the car will shift to third, then slip (sounds like a wanna be downshift for a bit) before finally going back tin 3rd and continuing. It seems to shift fine at WOT, and at VERY light throttle.

see attachments. Note frame 5100 on.

Tuner
    Flare on the 2-3 shift seems to be common for the 6L80 - mostly on the first shift after the start. Suspect it's related to the adaptive pressure stuff. Suggest changing Transmission, Auto Shift Properties, Shift Pressure, Max Adapt Vol, Max 2-3 to 40.0.

In the MAX line pressure table set the pressure to 290.1 from D1 to D6, also the Max Pressure B and Max Clutch.

I attached my tune you can have a look at how i have the Shift Times and Base Shift Pressure set up.
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Senior Tuner
    I feel the best way to handle these transmissions is in this order. Shift time/inertia factor profile then line pressure/default clutch pressure/max line pressure.

I'll set the shift time to about what I'd like it to shift. Keep in mind all the adders. If you got it there and its shifting a little too hard/soft in certain areas adjust that out with inertia factor profile. If there is a flare or harsh shift that slowly learns itself out the line pressure was too high/low. In the case that it has a flare never learns itself out either the shift time was too long from the beginning or line pressure is not high enough.

My goal is a smooth shift at part throttle, crisp shift at wide open, and very little learning. If you flash it and it is way soft/hard than the line pressures weren't correct. That is my best guess anyway, until we get more PID's on the transmission and can see how it is using adaptive that's all we can do.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Ramjet View Post
    Flare on the 2-3 shift seems to be common for the 6L80 - mostly on the first shift after the start. Suspect it's related to the adaptive pressure stuff. Suggest changing Transmission, Auto Shift Properties, Shift Pressure, Max Adapt Vol, Max 2-3 to 40.0.
    40 is stock while the rest are 200.....