Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C6, cold air dual K&N, Cold air tune MAF, LG long tubes, Borla exhaust

Tuner

C6, cold air dual K&N, Cold air tune MAF, LG long tubes, Borla exhaust

So anyone has a tune for that particular setup... or any method or guidance to get me started.. just received my HP tuner product..

Welcome to the forum!

Read the stickies and search through the forum to start to get a feel for HP. I also recommend buying a tuning book and reading through it thoroughly. What all do you have done to your C6?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner
    Well that's just about it.. nothing else

Stock Run: 13.1, street tires
    Borla Run: 13.0, street tires
    Dual K&N: 13.03, street tires
    Cold MAF tune: 13.0, street tires
    LG Headers: Not yet ran it.... check engine light is on.. need to tune it right to eliminate the check engine light.. although I'm getting 23 MPG.

Hoping to get more horses, with more MPG.. and maybe lower the octane requirements... save a bit on gas..

Have you worked on your VE table yet? Fail you maf sensor and start calibrating your VE table. Will help with throttle transitions and other things.

What is/are your code(s) for the check engine light?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner
    Well I was thinking about putting back my stock MAF sensor.. and getting the cold air MAF sensor tune (factory) out of the vette

http://old.granatellimotorsports.com...ay.php?gid=297

Due to the fact that I dont have access to their tune files....
    So once I put back the stock MAF sensor,, I believe I would be able to complete my 1st tune..

and Nope I have not worked on my VE table... and I really don't want to fail my MAF sensor...

Sorry, I didn't make myself very clear

What I meant by failing the maf sensor is basically either a) unplugging it from the wiring harness, or b) using the software to "intentionally fail it" (Basically not accept any values from the maf sensor) This causes the VCM to use ONLY the VE table, allowing you to calibrate it. Once it has been calibrated, then you re-enable the maf sensor and run the car like normal

The VE table is mainly used for throttle transitions, or inconsistent flow (i.e. 2000->4000->1000 all within a short period). The maf sensor isn't accurate during throttle transitions. Read this forum through and you will understand when the maf sensor and VE Table are used and why:

VE TABLE - http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687

MAF - http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=121096

Happy reading
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by cmt_cibarra View Post
    Hoping to get more horses, with more MPG.. and maybe lower the octane requirements... save a bit on gas..

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner

Well

Here's my stock c6 07 z51 vette file

Tuner

2007 corvette with Auto and paddle shifts

Here's a stock file for a stock 2007 c6 automatic with paddle shifts.

Tuner

2000 Trans am

Here's a stock 2000 ls1 trans am file, MN6

Tuner

Configuration that Im using

I have uploaded the configuraiton that Im using to start my MAF calibration.. this is without Wideband options.. just the so called narrowband....

Tuner
    MAF = Mass Air Flow, it's a sensor that measures air flow weight (mass) which can be also measured by a speed density sensor..

There are heated resistors, which measures heated of the air, which then calculate how much heat is drawn, which then calculates air flow. Therefore it will calculate the fuel by the measure of air flow.

High Air = more fuel
    Low Air = Less fuel
    No air = your car is off.

******Fueling of the engine is developed by this so called sensor (MAF)********

So where do you adjust those items; MAF calibration, change the MAF airflow and it's output Frequency (MAF Airflow vs. Output Frequency), it's all in the assuming of airflow.

The Speed Density item

Fuel table that list the RPM, MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure, kPa) yes and HP tuners has a 3D view on it. There is a 2 bar MAP and 3 bar MAP sensor, stock 1 bar MAP sensor.
    1 bar: -14.7 vacuum to 0 no vacuum at all
    2 bar: 1 bar plus to a boost pressure (14.7 vacuum)
    3 bar: Allows more boost
    Change the speed density table which are the cells that are read from the MAP and RPM engine that is operating.

What happens when you have two sensors, MAF and a MAP, then you'll use the dynamic, which is a transit condition.. high vacuum to low vaccum... so the speed density goes 1st then when it normalize then MAF is used...
    Therefore you have to tune both, but one at a time... disable one and then disable the other one.

Advanced Tuner
    buy a c6, need to save on gas....lol...

Spend the money on a wideband if you want to tune right.

I'm not sure what a "cold maf" is so I can't help you with that. If it's an aftermarket MAF, sell it and put your stock one back on.

You should really maybe buy a used Toyota Corolla though if you're hurting on cash so much that you have to lower the octane of a Corvette.

Do some searching on here and you'll find a lot of information. I'd also recommend finding yourself a reputable book on tuning or reading Marcin's(RedHardSupra) tuning blogs.

Best of luck and most of all, have fun
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Tuner

What???

A toyota

Man I want control of the throttle I don't want curse control on automatic..

What's the CR? 10.5:1 right? SHOULD be able to run 88 octane safely with 20ish degrees of timing up high but maybe down into the high single digit numbers at <1200RPM.

By Cold Air MAF, I think he means that it's an aftermarket MAF with an IAT sensor re-locator guys.

If you're going to re-tune your own MAF junk whatever you have, start from the stock tune, turn off the rear O2's, put it in pure MAF mode, set PE Multiplier across the board to 1.150, set all PE delays to zero, set PE rate to 1. And then tune your MAF via Long Term Fuel Trims for everything out of PE mode, and pick up a Wideband to tune the PE mode and WOT fueling.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    07 Z06. Stock LS7 Bottom-end, Katech Torquer 110, ARH LTs w/Cats, Halltech KBII CAI w/Beehive, 160* t-stat.

Tuner

Maf

So the right side you have the MAF that is already cold air tune and the left side you have the stock. The only difference is that small resistor at the end, that is blue.

Therefore I took that out and it work out fine, why did I do that? Easy it has less material and I do get more air to go to the engine and I do notice the difference..

Tuner

Cags

Well I finally had the chance to disable the CAGS..

Basically what I found if you go to

Trans which is next to Trans Diag Change the enable speed to over 300 and disable speed to 300 or another item that I found was to change the

coolant which is the - Min Coolant to 400

Those well any of those items will disable the CAGS

Tuner
    By following the LS2 guide I calibrated my MAF sensor...it work perfect.. so then im doing good, just need to start the next item. And for the post that are above, one is stating to fail the MAF but dont really know if after calibration or before calibration that I should modify the VE tables? Really not clear on that..

Here's the link for LS2 Tuning Guide
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ight=ls2+guide

Tuner

Just view my tune.. knoweldage is good

Enjoy my tune for studying... if you want any histograms or whatever.. let know and i'll deliver...

Enjoy the tune file