Thread: Help deciding what to do next?

Tuner in Training

Help deciding what to do next?

Here is my tune and I need to know what areas need to be fixed. I just upped my Idle table so it would idle with the new 228R cam. BUT is there anything else I need to fix to run better? I do have a hole drilled in my throttlebody blade to get more air at idle. How do I fix that?
    Car facts:
    98 C5
    new mods
    LS6 manifold
    LG streets longtube headers/x-pipe
    Texas Performance 228R cam 112LSA
    Vararam VB2 w/ Powerduct

Are my VE tables good?

Attachment 27669

Important notice.....never tuned a car before, but did the Idle adjustment fantastic!
    Last edited by sfc rick; 03-30-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Epoxy the hole or get a new blade. Do you have a wideband?
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Tuner in Training
    No wideband, will solder hole up. I'll see what it does once the blade is patched.

I was curious if anybody could look at the file and see if anything jumped out and recommend a fix.

Tuner in Training
    ttt,

Still running fine on drilled blade, but really would like someone to look at my tables to see if anything needs tweaking.

Haven't bought a wideband yet or datalogger?

Can my file be read? I also added a 160 thermostat and want to know how to set-up the fans off and on values for both fans. I see where someone said 180 on 175 off but not sure if it's for #1 or what #2 fan should be?

Tuner in Training
    ttt, I love how fast I get help on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sfc rick View Post
    ttt, I love how fast I get help on this forum.

Your asking for help with things that are elementary in the grand view of tuning. Your not reading the 2000 other posts that are in the stickys or even looking in the help file that comes with hptuners.

Most people help those who help them self. If you get stuck on something and ask what does this table do, or this is my problem.. You may get help. But from what you have posted, I don't see you really tring to do anything.. Start by reading the stickys, help file or using the search function. Then if you get stuck ask and someone may be more incline to help.

Also look for a tuning guide or Gregs Cd from summit racing..

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Tuner in Training
    Wow, thats a lot of help all at once. I've read Greg Bannish's two books. Thanks for reading the question about the temp settings and the prompt response.

It seems that you wish I would spend the next few months going over thousands of postings to get the answer I need right now that's in my shop waiting to be adjusted. Other forums I am on don't have that attitude, and I also provide answers on issues if a poster ask the question. I certainly am not in the small percentage that seem to say..."use the search" yada yada yada.

Thanks for the help.

Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by sfc rick View Post
    Wow, thats a lot of help all at once. I've read Greg Bannish's two books. Thanks for reading the question about the temp settings and the prompt response.

It seems that you wish I would spend the next few months going over thousands of postings to get the answer I need right now that's in my shop waiting to be adjusted. Other forums I am on don't have that attitude, and I also provide answers on issues if a poster ask the question. I certainly am not in the small percentage that seem to say..."use the search" yada yada yada.

Thanks for the help.

Rickey

Your welcome! I will help you.. Put your mouse over the box or item in the editor and look at the bottom of the window.. It tells you the function. If you have not played with the pcm tables or ever tuned a car before.. Then IMHO you should not be trying it on someone elses first, let alone for money.

Not trying to be a Ass.. Fan settings on 3rd gen o.s.'s are one of the most simple things to change.

PS: mouse over descriptions are in the help file. Hit F1

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Tuner in Training
    I build my own engines and customize interior and body in my own shop. However since I became interested in Vettes and bought a few, I have never "tuned" a Gen III and bought this program to be able and do MY OWN. It's idiotic to attempt this on someone elses stuff UNTIL you learn how to do it proper.

Since it ain't rocket science, I will learn it as I go on MY OWN Vette. ONE step at a time to see how things go.

My questions are rather simple and it's not a big deal to answer. I bet it took longer for you to tell me to search, than to type a few words to answer. Afterall it's only a basic thing. I was looking more for a confirmation of my settings than anything else. Anyway I went into my shop and made the changes and did a test run, everything is fine!.

It won't take me too much time to get the VCM Editor down.

Thanks for the encouraging words!