Thread: Fuel Pressure not commanding correctly

Fuel Pressure not commanding correctly

Contacted Support and Bill asked that I post this. Please post if you've found the samething, he's going to ask Chris to chime in on this thread. Thanks.

The Fuel Mass mode runs strange and I tried to adjust the ramp tables a bit to help but it made no change. It will run double fuel pressure everywhere tho and then hold at the max when it reaches it.

The real issue tho is when in Normal (pressure) mode and I adjust the Pressure Table to suit my needs, I get the Max % just fine but I can’t control it properly between 3-5k. I have it set to be 11.7MPa (1700psi) and the car immediately goes to 2-2100psi and then ramps to 2200 and holds. No matter how much I reduce those values the car will still run the same fuel pressure.

And we need to be able to log Fuel Rail Pressure please! When messing with this stuff, this is a necessity IMHO. We can log the commanded rail pressure but not the actual. (which is how I caught it not working right, the commanded is showing different values then my actual tables). The commanded shows it commanding 15MPa in spots where NO table is set to that. So Im confused why this is not working properly.

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    I cannot get the WG DC to command above stock no matter what I do to the boost control tables. Tom has the same issue with his car. I believe there is a table missing that we still need for boost control.

I have had no issue controlling boost as I wish. I said this in the other thread too but Ive tuned several already without issue and at different boost levels.

Im using GMS1 tables for the gain tables and then the table I posted in the other thread for the duty cycle correction. 300's down the DAL column on the right.

Have you messed with the pressure tables yet David and noticed what I did? Curious if my boost is working but not fuel and your fuel is working but not boost lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Having the same fuel problems and boost problems....
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    I have had no issue controlling boost as I wish. I said this in the other thread too but Ive tuned several already without issue and at different boost levels.

Im using GMS1 tables for the gain tables and then the table I posted in the other thread for the duty cycle correction. 300's down the DAL column on the right.

Have you messed with the pressure tables yet David and noticed what I did? Curious if my boost is working but not fuel and your fuel is working but not boost lol.
    I have not used fuel mass. so I amnot sure if the fuel pressure is correct. I just tuned a LNF on E-85 with no issues on stock fuel pressure and stock injection angles though. I tried those same settings as Tom and I tried cranking the DALs and the prop gain with no luck at all. Might try lower the prop gain from stock to see if that changes anything.

the RPM and torque % axis are backwards on the fuel pressure tables. I have fixed it and will be in next beta.

When you run in fuel mass mode, it uses the Normal table but the % axis is airmass (load) % instead of torque. We can't dynamically change the axis type dependant on the type switch in our software unfortunately. The % are the same its just using airmass instead of torque %
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    the RPM and torque % axis are backwards on the fuel pressure tables. I have fixed it and will be in next beta.

When you run in fuel mass mode, it uses the Normal table but the % axis is airmass (load) % instead of torque. We can't dynamically change the axis type dependant on the type switch in our software unfortunately. The % are the same its just using airmass instead of torque %
    Those tables make alot more sense now!

Ok, thanks for the info. Going to test some more today then and hope that cures it. Can you PLEASE add a PID for Actual Fuel Rail Pressure!! PLEASE We have commanded, which is great, just need the actual to complete it Thanks!

Ok, that worked! Full E85 working on my car like a champ now

Any E85 60 - 100 times?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

I cant goto 100. Its over 5800 lol

Advanced Tuner
    Was that the reason you couldn't run e85 on the dyno?

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    I cant goto 100. Its over 5800 lol
    I thought you fixt that. Never mind.

I just bought the head from USMC, soon

I ran E85 on teh dyno, it was running out of fuel midrange because the table was wrong lol.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    New beta up with the axis fixed, anyone that requested the beta a few days ago SHOULD already have this new one on their customer login page so PLEASE look there FIRST before contacting me again as the last thing I want to do is check peoples customer page only to see the beta already posted there, it will be 2.23.248 or newer(a new build is compiled every night now).
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 03-31-2011 at 12:22 AM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I snagged it last night, thanks Bill.

yep bill thanks..
    2009 chevy cobalt ss turd. to many mods to list and to many problems to fix...... errr previous owner

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    New beta up with a couple of licensing issues fixed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"