Thread: problems holding steady boost

problems holding steady boost

I have been having this issue for some time now, previously had a 6speed in the car and currently have a th400
    however I noticed throughout my pull my map kpa bounces between 166 - 180
    that seems like a big difference to me

i have boost leak tested my system from the filter inlet of the turbo to the manifold and found no leaks

this is me running off the wastegate, the boost controller is turned all the way in

here is my log fie, at the very end of it you can see how I make a clean wot 3rd gear pull and how it jumps around

Advanced Tuner
    wow, 122% duty cycle on the injectors...

Advanced Tuner
    booster controller issue maybe? take the boost controller out and run straight wastegate.

is it surging like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDzx2...eature=related
    skip to 4:45

-Carl
    Last edited by carlrx7; 03-29-2011 at 02:55 PM.

like smithers said, i would be way more concerned with the duty cycle and the double digit ve errors. as far as the gate goes. it may be "bouncing" at limit. it may be hard to maintain 10psi with an 88 without perfect wastegate size and routing.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

Yes i know my duty cycle is up ( switched over to e85 just recently) and i just got car running with the th400 trans from the t56 and was tuning car, i was just looking to solve my boosting issues which ive had since day 1 of the turbo setup

Well anyways i performed another pressure test on my pipes and low and behold, my compressor housing was leaking around the entire flange where it clocks on, there was no oring where it should have been, so i ordered one from precision and will take it from there

Btw im running off the wastegate with the turbosmart mbc completely turned in