Thread: Converting a 2010 Camaro SS auto to manual

Converting a 2010 Camaro SS auto to manual

I've got a 2010 Camaro SS that's getting a wild drag conversion. The car started off as an A6, but is being changed over to a 4L80 with a standalone transmission controller. The ideal scenario would be to convert the PCM to a manual file, but I don't know if this is as straight forward as it was with the Gen III PCMs. Has anybody done this type of setup?

The other option I thought about was to just disable the codes for loss of communication with the TCM, but honestly have no idea if this will fly.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    i would give those secret squirls over at RPM a call about their previous conversions.

Tuner in Training
    I know this is an old thread...butdo you have any more info on this?
    2010 Camaro 427 stroker LS3, Kenne Bell Supercharged, was auto...now 6 speed manual
    I just converted my 6L80E over to a TR6060 manual transmission.

problem 1. - Couldnt load in the new file after clicking the "manual trans" button in HP Tuners
    problem 2. - Car wont crank ( i assume because the car doesnt know that I removed the auto and thinks the car isnt in park...or its still looking for the auto)
    problem 3. cant get the key back out of the ignition ( i assume because the car doesnt know that I removed the auto and thinks the car isnt in park)

I have a LS3 engine / transmission wiring harness on the way...I plan to un-pin the auto out of the harness connectors and put the manual harness pins into the connectors and just turn the auto stuff off in HPTuners...I hope this is all I have to do. but need some help.

Thanks!
    2010 Camaro SS - 427 Stroker - Kenne Bell - 735 rwhp / 665 rwtq
    2005 Pontiac GTO - HP Tuners, flowmaster mufflers ...12.77@108 344 rwhp /344 rwtq
    2004 Silverado 2500HD Diesel - 527 rwhp / 840 rwtq...so far

Flash an actual manual file into the PCM. You'll probably need to jump out the connector for the T43.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    can you explain in a little more detail about jumping the T43 for me please? not quite sure exactly how to do that
    2005 Pontiac GTO - HP Tuners, flowmaster mufflers ...12.77@108 344 rwhp /344 rwtq

Tuner in Training
    Still not sure about the t43?

Also..does anyone know what wires need to be jumped to get the key back out of the ignition? something where the previous auto shifter used to be maybe?

Tuner in Training
    Update: I bought a LS3 engine / transmission harness, unpinned the L99 automatic transmission wires, then pinned in the manual transmission wires into the harness.
    downloaded a Kenne Bell Supercharged MANUAL trans file from the Tune Repository and loaded it into my cars computer.

It Cranked and Ran the first try !
    Went back into that file and copied for my injectors, MAF , etc. from my old file and updated.... it runs pretty good just sitting and letting it idle.
    Now my only problem is that I still cannot remove the key from the ignition....I have a friend that runs an automotive shop and he has a tech2... can I just load a manual file into the BCM so it will release my key??

Senior Tuner
    I don't think a tech 2 will do it...but it might...I think you need the newer MDI units for Camaro's.

You might also need to lie about the VIN for it to pull the right file from the GM database? I don't know.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Dave,

Call me at shop tomorrow and I can walk you through the tricks. We've done quite a few and two more starting this week...

Howard
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Potential Tuner
    Redline ms....I am also about to do a a6 to m6 swap in about 3 weeks. I have most of the wiring figured out since there are no actual write ups but the bcm part has me worried also. Can I email you? Sorry for the old thread revival lol

Quote Originally Posted by drago1217 View Post
    Redline ms....I am also about to do a a6 to m6 swap in about 3 weeks. I have most of the wiring figured out since there are no actual write ups but the bcm part has me worried also. Can I email you? Sorry for the old thread revival lol
    Sorry for delay but it seems I only get on forum when I'm at 32000 feet traveling somewhere!

I can walk you through some stuff if your still in a pinch
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Potential Tuner
    did you ever figure out how to get your key out. I did a v6 to v8 swap in my car and I also changed the transmission to a manual i have to keep plugging in the old automatic shifter to get my key out its a real pain

Potential Tuner
    did you ever figure out how to get your key to release

Quote Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
    Update: I bought a LS3 engine / transmission harness, unpinned the L99 automatic transmission wires, then pinned in the manual transmission wires into the harness.
    downloaded a Kenne Bell Supercharged MANUAL trans file from the Tune Repository and loaded it into my cars computer.

It Cranked and Ran the first try !
    Went back into that file and copied for my injectors, MAF , etc. from my old file and updated.... it runs pretty good just sitting and letting it idle.
    Now my only problem is that I still cannot remove the key from the ignition....I have a friend that runs an automotive shop and he has a tech2... can I just load a manual file into the BCM so it will release my key??