Thread: Possible for 5 speed allison to 6 speed allison swap with segment swap and 6 speed t

Tuner in Training

Possible for 5 speed allison to 6 speed allison swap with segment swap and 6 speed t

I wasn't sure how to go about searching for this. Would it be possible to get a segment swap done on a 01 LB7 PCM that would allow an allison 6 speed transmission to be controlled? I imagine it would probably be necessary to run a 6 speed TCM as well, and make sure the wiring is correct. I know there is one aftermarket controller that makes it possible to do this but you cannot access it to make any changes other than what is preset and sent to you. Since I need to build a tranny anyway, I would like to use a 6 speed core if this is possible. It is my understanding that the transmissions are virtually identical physically. Thanks in advance for the help.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its not as simple as a segment swap since its controlled by a separate tcm the tcm would need to be swapped in and who knows what other issues will pop up along the way. Might be more work than its worth.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I will have to do some more investigating on wiring and pcm inputs for both a 5 speed and 6 speed tcm.

Tuner
    The people who are doing it are modifing the Valvebodys and programing the TCM. I have been following a few companys that do it and it is around $1800 for the kit. Then they lock the PCM,which won't work for me, so no one can copy it. The 6 speed TCM uses a different CAN bus and will not work from what I am told.

Any ideas Bill?
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Tuner in Training
    Check these guys out under the GM Allison

http://www.suncoastdiesel.com/