Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF New Parameters

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Can we donate money to Bill and Chris?? lol. Post paypal addy's please, I will contribute!
    Promoting our product on other forums and to other cobalt/solstice/sky owners is all I'd ask for

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Alright guys, new beta up...GO, GO, GO!!!

Well, I got the Full E working like a champ on my car and today Im doing a secret Dyno Session Once I get some solid results, I plan on promoting that it can be done with HPT alone

Edit: Damn you're sneaky! Downloading

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssss

yes. awesome!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Promoting our product on other forums and to other cobalt/solstice/sky owners is all I'd ask for

Like this Bill?...

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/5655211-post17.html

I'll be late for work but I'll hopefully have results in an hour!

Thanks guys!!!

I havent plugged into my car yet, but I added Fuel Rail Press to my scanner quick but desired is no longer there? Is that just because I need to plug in? Sorry for being lazy but its pouring here ATM lol

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    lol I'd like to see a name made for ourselves without stepping on Vince, he's a very smart dude thats put alot of time into his product, now we just happen to have a product anyone can use that has the capabilities to do the same as any tunershop out there

I would just like to start seeing more people recommending it as a first mod rather than an intake, downpipe, etc.

how many intakes & downpipes can gain you 50hp without tuning do you know of?

I've always been of the feeling a good tuning program is going to be your best mod...eventually people grow out of the their new turbo or what have you. Its hard to grow out of tuning software and it grows with you and your vehicles...life changes, maybe you go from a cobalt to a CTSV, we'll have you covered, maybe you get a construction job and get a silvy or a Ram, we'll have you covered. How many headers can be swapped from a cobalt to a silverado

I've used our software on nearly every vehicle I've owned over the past 8 years and its the mod you can keep using, even when you don't change parts there are guys tweaking it.

I dunno about you all but when I add a new part its a feeling of accomplishment, almost a rush so to speak...with tuning you can get that rush anytime you want without having to bust your knuckles.

Start looking at it that way and you won't even see it as promoting it but as knowing its going to be their best modification they can do for their cars.

-Bill

The Load Damping ETC Limit table can only be adjusted to a max of .39%.....

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    lol I'd like to see a name made for ourselves without stepping on Vince, he's a very smart dude thats put alot of time into his product, now we just happen to have a product anyone can use that has the capabilities to do the same as any tunershop out there

I would just like to start seeing more people recommending it as a first mod rather than an intake, downpipe, etc.

how many intakes & downpipes can gain you 50hp without tuning do you know of?

I've always been of the feeling a good tuning program is going to be your best mod...eventually people grow out of the their new turbo or what have you. Its hard to grow out of tuning software and it grows with you and your vehicles...life changes, maybe you go from a cobalt to a CTSV, we'll have you covered, maybe you get a construction job and get a silvy or a Ram, we'll have you covered. How many headers can be swapped from a cobalt to a silverado

I've used our software on nearly every vehicle I've owned over the past 8 years and its the mod you can keep using, even when you don't change parts there are guys tweaking it.

I dunno about you all but when I add a new part its a feeling of accomplishment, almost a rush so to speak...with tuning you can get that rush anytime you want without having to bust your knuckles.

Start looking at it that way and you won't even see it as promoting it but as knowing its going to be their best modification they can do for their cars.

-Bill
    ABSOLUTELY!
    Yeah don't worry, I've tried to be very civil to Vince, and given him props when I can also. I've even called him a "True Gentleman" when he said some nice things about you guys having these new tables. As far as I'm concerned, we're ALL in this together and we can all learn and grow together also.

I totally agree about the tuning thing, I've been working on cars literally my whole life, my dad was teaching me the amazing things he knew and could do as soon as I was able to listen, and that was in the '60's! I was getting kinda sick of it all until a few years ago when GM made some cars I could actually get excited about buying and also with this ability to tune with computers, which I also enjoy working with. There are few things more satisfying than moving a few numbers around in some software and then feeling what it does immediately as you drive. For someone that's spent their entire life "tuning", your software (and others of course) has been a huge breath of fresh air in my career and a lot of enjoyment in driving again. So much so that I could care less that this is making me super late for work!

Thanks!

We're pushing it. I just had a customer post a 12.9 @ 112 with stock parts and a E85 tune with the new tables

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by rnjmur View Post
    The Load Damping ETC Limit table can only be adjusted to a max of .39%.....
    Thanks, looks like the table upper limit is wrong.

yeah i was like shi* when i seen that lmao..
    2009 chevy cobalt ss turd. to many mods to list and to many problems to fix...... errr previous owner

Advanced Tuner
    So all I tried on my way to work was to disable "Load Damping" in the master able/disable. The throttle delay looks the same so far, still about a one second delay from about 50% throttle to 100%. I've noticed that sometimes it's best to leave "master enable/disable's" enabled and just manipulate the tables themselves the way you want it to work, or not work. Maybe that's what would work better here, that will be the next thing I try. I didn't have a chance to try anything else so it's up to you guys for the next 9 hours or so!
    Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 04-05-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Looks like "Pressure RPM factor" may be the turbo BC DC taper off up top. I set it to 3.0 all the way out from 4k, I'll have to write entire tonight to test it.

I've been running full E85 on the TF layer for a week boosting to 24 psi in the midrange with a pretty lean PE Lambda. .95 midrange PE like the GMPP tune tapering to .89 at 6k. Inj DC maxing around 32%.
    Looking forward to holding 95% BC DC with HPT alone. I'll still miss the cat warmup delete though.

I'm not too worried about the throttle delay, faster might be good, but I'm afraid my 3rd gear might not like it.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Nick - Did you leave the fueling Normal or Fuel Mass?

Normal. I havent had good luck with the mass mode but I also never went back and played further. Im running .92 to 4k and then taper to .88 for the rest. Never over 33% IDC and the car is pulling well with 22psi flat, no more ramping the boost!

Advanced Tuner
    I know you guys are leaning it out for E85, especially in the midrange, but as far as common mixture theories go it might be a little backwards. Usually you want to run a little rich around max torque, then lean it out up top for good rev out. I can see why you're going lean in the middle, but you might not have to go back that rich up top. Obviously it's a balancing act, and you both have stock pistons to consider. GM's approach is usually run it super lean for emissions in the middle where most people drive, then super fat up high to cool everything back down and keep things from blowing up. I'm assuming they figure even if it's super lean in the middle you're not going to be there for that long. Up top or at full load is where you could be pulling for a long time heating things up.

Tom, I agree about the throttle delay, I actually didn't see it as a major problem because going full 100% throttle isn't always a good thing, especially down low in the rpm's. This morning when I was trying to see the delay I'm literally stomping on the throttle to see if tps follows pedal position, and thinking, "who drives like this?". And I drive like a madman! I guess it's from the old carburetor days when you didn't want to open some big secondaries right off the bat, or the thing would fall on it's face. There's also the issue of ign timing dumping below 3k rpm at full load, full throttle. Same thing, it's only something you see on the dyno because it's not something that you would do in normal driving or even racing, going full throttle at under 3k rpm that is. Good way to pop a piston on these motors.
    Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 04-05-2011 at 01:20 PM.

I totally agree on that being the normal consensus for the AFR but Ive found this to work best with THIS setup. On gas we run slightly richer between 3-4k.

I'll prob end up back on E60, but leaning out the middle is the only way I can currently run full E85. Even at .92 PE Lambda my IDC % humps way up in the midrange.

Mines faster by a few tenths 60-100 on the E60 blend. I can repeat 4.5 sec on E60 all day long, 4.3 once in a while when everything is perfect. E85 is 4.7 sec most pulls. Backing off the boost to 22 psi & richening up the midrange with the IDC% hump to 40 something is 4.9ish.

Just playing around seeing what's what. Keeps the commute from getting boring.

MPG's down to around 22 calculated on E85. Forget the DIC #'s. Changing the inj constant hoses up the numbers.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 04-05-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I just tried re-enabling the master load damping and maxing out the multiplier tables. Still have the same 1 second delay in throttle. There's got to be more tables that are screwing with the throttle and ign timing for whatever reason only some German guy in the Bosch factory knows! Different loads and/or some kind of TM do some funky stuff to ign timing, I wish we could smooth out some of that, it would sure make for smoother power.