Thread: 2 Wideband Sensors, Wich one is on?

Tuner in Training

2 Wideband Sensors, Wich one is on?

Hi, I just got the Dyno Jet Wideband 2, and it reads 11-12ish afr idle and under load. Ive had an autometer sport comp wideband guage for two years and it reads 14.7 idle to 12.5 under load. The car was tuned last with the autometer guage and a diff program and hasnt been running well. The formula that came with the DJ WB 2 was different than the one you see predefined when setting up in the scanner so I used the one it came with. Bottom line I guess is how do I tell wich sensor is reading correctly?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gregmehr View Post
    Hi, I just got the Dyno Jet Wideband 2, and it reads 11-12ish afr idle and under load. Ive had an autometer sport comp wideband guage for two years and it reads 14.7 idle to 12.5 under load. The car was tuned last with the autometer guage and a diff program and hasnt been running well. The formula that came with the DJ WB 2 was different than the one you see predefined when setting up in the scanner so I used the one it came with. Bottom line I guess is how do I tell wich sensor is reading correctly?
    the one that is tracking along with the narrowband at stoich (closed loop) is the one I would trust...
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I changed to the formula predefined in hpt and it worked fine! But why would dynojet send a different formula with the wideband kit? Or is it how hpt reads it that changes things?