Thread: Increase TCS timing retard

Potential Tuner

Increase TCS timing retard

Has anyone increased the amount of timing that the ecm pulls during a traction control activation in attempt to reduce the occurrences of throttle kick back?

It seems that if enough timing was pulled power could be reduced enough to limit the need for throttle kickback. Has anyone tried this and if so how much timing did you find effective?

I disable TCS, it just sucks no matter how you look at it (IMO) lol
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Actually, I went the other way. I cut the timing pull way down and went into the max tps area and increased the values up to where they should be. My car makes 520 rwhp off the spray and I have it pretty dialed in to allow forward propelling wheelspin without blowing off the tires or cutting all the power. It works pretty good!

Potential Tuner
    Ok, I'll give that a try, thanks for the reply. Do you know the difference between the two tables?

One's a timing table and the other is a throttle position table....?

Potential Tuner
    Sorry, i meant the "traction control timing retard vs rpm" and "traction control aggressive spark retard vs rpm" The way I understand it the ecm has only one input for a loss of traction event.

Aggressive is zero'd out on mine, regular is not. I think it was zero'd even from the factory.
    I believe regular is somewhere around 30-45% of stock.

Potential Tuner
    So I halved the standard table and zeroed out the aggressive spark retard table and can get a decent amount of wheel spin before the throttle gets kicked back. Think decreasing is the way to go; there is definitely more time to react and back out of the throttle before the throttle is closed too far with it set this way. Think I'll play around with the aggressive table some more to try and figure out how it's playing into things.