Thread: Too Rich at idle

Potential Tuner

Too Rich at idle

motor is a ls1. has a fast intake and TB, mild cam. i just installed 63lbs injectors along with a walbro 255 fuel pump. its for a twin turbo setup. we started the car and it looked like a diesel truck was running. so where to start to adjust my fueling so i can atleast run the vehicle? ive read about the IFR tables but im still lost on how/where to adjust them to? im postin for a friend btw. and another question, anyone know of good reputable tuners in PA area? thanks lol.

Advanced Tuner
    yikes, man, you need to do tons of reading before you even think of playing with a TT setup, clearly in over your head based on the current post.

Tuner in Training
    You need to update the fuel injector size for the larger injectors. Otherwise, you will flood your engine with fuel.

Read the VCM. Open tune file then go to engine>fuel control>general>flow rate vs KPA. Select all values in the table by highlighting them with your mouse. Take value of new injector minus value of current injector. Add this value all across to table. Put value in the white space then click + sign to add to all values in the table.
    Last edited by bluecamaroz28; 03-17-2011 at 02:30 AM.
    2003 Chevy Silverado 4x4 1500 RCSB Stepside, 4L60E, LQ9 427ci, cnc L92 heads, PG's Custom Cam, L92 intake, 90 TB, K&N CAI, PS LT Headers, PS ORY Pipe, 3" Catback with 3" Flowmaster.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecamaroz28 View Post
    You need to update the fuel injector size for the larger injectors. Otherwise, you will flood your engine with fuel.

Read the VCM. Open tune file then go to engine>fuel control>general>flow rate vs KPA. Select all values in the table by highlighting them with your mouse. Take value of new injector minus value of current injector. Add this value all across to table. Put value in the white space then click + sign to add to all values in the table.
    sweet man, thanks alot.