Thread: Burst Knock in SD with Boost..

Tuner in Training

Burst Knock in SD with Boost..

Got a question that has been puzzling me for some time.. I have a customer's 2003 Z06 with a P1sc blower and it is in SD.. My question is, under full throttle in the higher RPM range i am getting some Burst Knock Retard when all my burst knock tables are Zero'd out, i still have the MAF plugged up for the IAT reading but am not using the MAF cause i upgraded to the SD OS.. I have heard rumors of getting the Burst Knock from maybe too much airflow past the maf even in SD? Do i need to get the older style IAT out of the LT1's and rewire it and pull the leads out of the MAF and put it to the new IAT?

I am running SD on my nitrous 408 and no burst knock, no MAF, separate IAT, zero'd BK tables.

Tuner in Training
    I was looking more for someone with a boosted setup.. thanks though.

I'm saying ditch the MAF. It didn't work for me and I am NA. You don't have to get an LT1 IAT, they were in 97-00 Vettes (and early 4th gen F bods?)

Tuner in Training
    Gotcha, yes the 4th gen Fbods where seperate as well just thinking the LT1 sensor so i can tap the boost piping or weld a bung in.. Did u get any BK with the MAF still hooked up or u ditched it right off the bat?